What's new

What was the last CD you bought?

I picked up some CDs today. I went to Newbury Comics (Amazon usually can't compete with the price that these guys have on classical) with the intent to pick up something lush and romantic in style that I haven't heard before. After browsing for a bit, I decided on a cycle of Dvořák's symphonies conducted by István Kertész and a CD with Arthur Rubinstein and the Guarneri Quartet playing Brahms' Piano Quintet in F minor and Dvořák's Piano Quintet in A Major.

It got me thinking. What do the other members of B&B like to listen to?

My last purchase was a set of John Dowland's works with Anthony Rooley and The Consort of Musicke. I like having a collection of actual CDs. They sound much better than MP3s and it is nice to support artists and orchestras that need that support.

What were the last few CDs you purchased? Did you like them? Did you pick them up on a whim?

I've bought some motown compilations and some Booker T and the MGs recently.
My CD purchases often tend to follow what I need to learn for either gigs or music lessons.

The last time I purchased CDs was eight years ago. Since 2000 (when I got my computer) I've gotten all my music for free one song at a time.

The last time I purchased CDs, I think they were:
Korn - Follow the Leader
Godsmack - Godsmack

The last time I purchased CDs was eight years ago. Since 2000 (when I got my computer) I've gotten all my music for free one song at a time.

The last time I purchased CDs, I think they were:
Korn - Follow the Leader
Godsmack - Godsmack

You don't find most classical stuff online. If you're looking for specific composers or more obscure pieces, they're hard to find. I know that a lot of money from the recordings I buy go to the record labels, but I like supporting orchestras, conductors, and performers that I enjoy.

EDIT: Additionally, to me, it's like having a bookshelf full of books. I've got a bookshelf with books and a bookshelf with classical CDs. There's something about actually having a physical collection on a shelf that really appeals to me.

Last album purchased was iTunes (not CD-- don't want to spend extra just for a disk); specifically was GnR's Chinese Democracy. I got this one mostly for nostalgia as I was never a big Guns fan, but actually am enjoying this album... My tastes run wide as well, jazz and classical along with most everything else. I have found myself drawn into 70s stuff (especially the cheesy jazz such as Chuck Mangione), there is something enjoyable about that nonsense... :)

Last one I picked up was Matachin, the latest Bellowhead album. Traditional English folk with serious attitude!

I too listen to most music on a mp3 player through the car system but I have never seen ANY of the folky stuff I play and listen to on any of the download sites so I have quite a collection of cds and a load of cassettes I must get around to loading up.

Gareth

The Dust - Ian Siegal and Whilst the Wind - Ian Parker

Great music shows the blues is alive and well in the UK! Saw both live this month and they were superb!

mgmt - oracular spectacular
him - venus doom
apocalyptica - reflections
sigur ros - () do yourself a favour and get this album

After all these years I finally bought Guns N Roses "Appetite For Destruction". No I wasn' t too interested in "Chinese Democracy" as I recall the disappointment I had when the "Use Your Illusion" series first came out. But some pretty good memories from the AFD album. I hope everyone else is enjoying what they are listening to. :001_smile

While I download a lot of music from EMusic, I will never give up buying CDs. Of course, I tend to get a lot of free CDs via the website I review albums for... Last two CDs I bought were: Atmosphere- When Life Gives You Lemons You Paint That **** Gold and Unearth- The March (some quality Boston metal)

Leslie Gore Golden Hits

proxy.php

It is very rare that I buy music, so I don't remember the last one that I purchased. And I definitely have not bought a new one in more than a decade. My music purchases happen at a reseller of used books and media.

I last bought one a few years ago, came with encryption so I couldn't play it on my PC. It might have been Paul Kelly on the EMI label.
I don't have a HiFi cd player or anything, just a PC with a good amp and speakers (proper amp and bookshelf speakers)
So I wasn't impressed, and lets face it, nothing noteworthy has been released recently, so I just stopped buying CDs.

BTW: I burnt the CD without the crap that originally stopped me playing it on my PC, so they haven't prevented piracy, they just stopped me buying any more.

edit: Sorry, I'm wrong, I have bought a few CDs after that directly from the artist, so no major record label shinannigans. So the last CD I bought might have been Gotye "Like Drawing Blood".

the last cd i bought was oh what a lovely tour by the babyshambles because it came with a live dvd. i buy more vinyl than anything so the last album i bought was rare treats by the stray cats

Top Bottom