What's new

Hot towel on face.. how do you keep it there?

Hello All,

This might be a silly question, but a lot of people recommend using a hot towel for three or four minutes as part of a pre shave pre routine, but how do you keep the towel on your face.

Do you stop everything and just stand there with the towel on your face?

In the barbers you sit back and the towel is wrapped around your face, but at home in the bathroom, how exactly do you keep the towel on your face?

thanks,

Rav.

I staple it to my jaw.

Or I just hold it there lying down on the couch in my study and take 4 minutes of reflection

I generally keep my towel on my face for about a minute, and yeah, I just hold it there. It may look silly, but it feels very nice, and at 5 am whose going to see anyway?

Best Regards

Graham

I soak the towel in hot water, place it against my beard for about 30 seconds, and repeat three or four times. If I really am feeling frisky I will apply a layer of lather and then apply the towel to keep my face slick. YMMV

I just hold it against my face... Fill the sink with hot water, dip the towel, hold on my face for ~30 sec, dip it again... repeat for a couple of minutes.

Not sure if it really does anything for me by the time I actually put blade to skin (after working up lather and applying to face), but it definitely feels nice, and certainly isn't hurting.

I generally keep my towel on my face for about a minute, and yeah, I just hold it there. It may look silly, but it feels very nice, and at 5 am whose going to see anyway?

Best Regards

Graham
I would pay insane amount of money to be disciplined enough to wake up at 5 am.....
but yes - you are right....

I hold a wash cloth to my face and re-soak it in scalding hot water when I need to elevate the temperature. I pick up the cloth by a corner, let the hot water drip off, and squeeze it quickly so as not to burn my hands. For some reason, my hands are more sensitive to heat than my face. I have tried larger towels, but they don't seem to work as well as a plain old wash cloth.

Another way is using a facial sauna (I think ..)

See this post: http://fon.gs/saunafacial
proxy.php

just thought of this - does one have to use the hot towel if I have just taken shower and walked over to the sink to shave?

I think that would be redundant... unless you take cold showers.

BTW... Thanks, Ales, for reminding me about the facial spa. I think my girlfriend may have one somewhere.

Top Bottom