What's new

Castor Oil?

Castor oil will dry out even the oiliest skin to the point of making it peel in about two days. Try olive oil instead. I have had good success with it. I have tried virgin and I'm currently experimenting with ultra light olive oil which seems to be thinner than virgin. A teaspoon will do your entire face. I wet my face first and then put the oil on as this seems to make for a slicker skin surface. I then put Proraso/O.C. Bigelow on top of this. Be careful if you shave in the shower because it will make your shower floor slick too (Not a good thing). Hope this helps. :001_smile

One of the preshave wiki's was one part each castor and olive oils, with lavender and orange essenses added. Castor oil is not a good idea then? I was thinking of trying a pre-shave prep just because I have become a B&B junkie ANDICANTSTOPMYSELF

I haven't read the pre-shave wiki but have tried a 25% castor oil and 75% olive oil mix for an oil clensing solution. This had my very oily skin dried out and peeling in under two days. Give it a try though... Maybe your body chemistry will produce a different outcome. I believe straight olive oil is a better choice though.

I have been making my own pre shave oil with 2 parts castor oil, 1 part olive oil. I read somewhere on the net that it is the recipe for the AOS unscented oil. Works ok, definitely cheaper.

I concur with the statement of the castor oil drying the skin out, but being only 25%....I would think it wouldn't....I use anthony's pre-shave oil sometimes and let me tell you, it feels like its drying my skin out when I put it on and it has mainly castor oil in it.....but I still use it as a secondary pre-shave oil when I am traveling or when I run out of my main preshave oil which is my own mix of oils.....AOS pre-shave oil is also mainly castor oil............so expensive for having such a cheap oil in it.....

I have been making my own pre shave oil with 2 parts castor oil, 1 part olive oil. I read somewhere on the net that it is the recipe for the AOS unscented oil. Works ok, definitely cheaper.

I've used this recipe close to 1:1 plus some oil of peppermint; it did a pretty good job, but I'm less of a pre-shave oil disciple than some.

Top Bottom