What's new

Another B&B straight razor?? Seems cheap...

Maybe we should lobby for a change to Beautiful, Badger & Blade (BB&B). We would not want to be confused with such a high end product.

J

jhd5476

Hello,

After using a straight razor for several months I am questioning purchasing a less than medium cost razor.

Wanting to be fair and not implicate by using names so no names are used, and I did not see reason to buy scroll work and did not want to waste money on totally unusable equipment so i purchased a lower to middle priced razor.

However after months of learning, i am questioning if the higher priced razors offer more than scroll work and actually cut better.

Possibly this razors' cutting edge never gets sharp enough, since my beard has always been light I thought that a superior edge was not needed. This is just my thinking though as i have never discussed this with anyone.

Does anyone have simalar experience?

Thanks and I really enjoy using a straight razor,

JD

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Hello,

After using a straight razor for several months I am questioning purchasing a less than medium cost razor.

Wanting to be fair and not implicate by using names so no names are used, and I did not see reason to buy scroll work and did not want to waste money on totally unusable equipment so i purchased a lower to middle priced razor.

However after months of learning, i am questioning if the higher priced razors offer more than scroll work and actually cut better.

Possibly this razors' cutting edge never gets sharp enough, since my beard has always been light I thought that a superior edge was not needed. This is just my thinking though as i have never discussed this with anyone.

Does anyone have simalar experience?

Thanks and I really enjoy using a straight razor,

JD

Welcome to B&B!

I only use (so far) vintage straight razors that I paid on average between nothing and $100. I have very good ones and had bad ones. Which razor are you using and which razor are you looking at?

Top Bottom