What's new

....and the girls love it.

Yes but which one?

Which daily use aftershave (not cologne) would you guys say gets you the most positive reactions from the opposite sex?

My wife commented yesterday on how nice I smelled. Then when I told her it was Old Spice, she turned her nose up. She likes Tabac, which for me is just another musk scent.

Yes but which one?

Which daily use aftershave (not cologne) would you guys say gets you the most positive reactions from the opposite sex?

My wife commented yesterday on how nice I smelled. Then when I told her it was Old Spice, she turned her nose up. She likes Tabac, which for me is just another musk scent.

Never EVER tell her it's Old Spice. First off, it will remind her of her father and that would be kinda wierd. Second, say it's something expensive and it's something you bought just for her, she'll like that you thought of her when you bought it.

Never EVER tell her it's Old Spice. First off, it will remind her of her father and that would be kinda wierd. Second, say it's something expensive and it's something you bought just for her, she'll like that you thought of her when you bought it.

+1 :lol:

The most comments I get is when I wear either Creed's Silver Mountain Water or T&H 1805.

EDIT: Cripes, guess it would help to read the freakin' OP. No cologne.

The most comments I get is Shulton's Old Spice.

I know you said "not cologne" but I would argue that most aftershave products are not meant to be smelled by other people. The one's that are meant to be smelled by others (Old Spice, Brut, AV, etc.) are, in fact, aftershave colognes.

I have gotten positive comments on Old Spice but the bottle of L'Occitane Vetyver that SWMBO gifted me recently has gotten out right wow-factor responses from several people.

My girlfriend takes special notice when I use Aqua Velva or OS.

I really don't enjoy OS much - concerning both the scent and the effectiveness as an aftershave. So I use AV most often, which is really nice considering that she likes it so well.

She also thought Floid (Italian) was nice. Booster's Polar Ice was another she gave positive comments to.

But I've also noticed some oddities as well. When I first purchased Speick, she took one whiff of it and said "Ew! Old man in a bottle!"

A couple weeks later when I used it however, that turned into "Mmmm! You smell nice! What is that?"

So heed the other posters: Don't be so quick to tell her what it is :lol:

I know you said "not cologne" but I would argue that most aftershave products are not meant to be smelled by other people. The one's that are meant to be smelled by others (Old Spice, Brut, AV, etc.) are, in fact, aftershave colognes.

I have gotten positive comments on Old Spice but the bottle of L'Occitane Vetyver that SWMBO gifted me recently has gotten out right wow-factor responses from several people.

I take your point.
I don't wear colognes on a daily basis because I don't like to feel overpowered or overpower others by scent. Aftershave splash suits me just fine. I like how it fades and I can top up if needed.

I notice that L'Occitane Cade is the aftershave of the week. I can feel my AD tingling.

Pinuad Clubman seems to attract the ladies like magnets. I mean, women who usually don't give me the time of day will come up and give me a friendly hug or just to greet me when I wear it! :biggrin:
The scent stays on for hours too.
Ernest

Acqua Di Parma ASB. I got some very positive response on it even though I only used it a couple of times because it was from a sample.

The ladies in my life really seem to enjoy English Leather day. Settles into a great masculine fragrance with a touch of baby powder thrown in. I would also second OS and Clubman.

I've been experimenting with colognes for years, trying to find that perfect combo.

My current winner is Tabac, using the whole suite of products. Shave soap, After-splash, Deodorant stick, and EdT.

I have the Luxury Bath Soap on order, it should arrive early next month. I'm also hunting for Tabac Original's other personal care products, including the Body Wash and hair products.

With Tabac, I get great reactions from ladies everywhere. Eye-contact, smiles, they stand closer and touch my arm, etc. At work. At Starbucks. Shopping at the mall. ESPECIALLY when I go out nightclubbing, I don't even have to try to pick up women anymore. THEY pick up ME.

My Fiancee absolutly loves my Provence Sante Green Tea AS. I find the stuff really addicting as well so it works out perfectly. She is a french grad student and has spent some time in the south of france so perhaps that has an influence. Either way it is a good product worth investigating.

ESPECIALLY when I go out nightclubbing, I don't even have to try to pick up women anymore. THEY pick up ME.

Don't we love that? :biggrin:

For me, I get better reactions when I use La Toja or Proraso splashes.
Pinaud's Bay Rum gets good compliments too.
Even better if I use Tabac soap too!

I just put on Aqua Velva this morning. While I enjoy the scent i dont imagine most girls would... Never gotten any compliments on my aftershaves, but i usually use a low scented one like Nivea.

My wife only likes Musgo AS and then only by itself, not in combination with any shave cream scent (I use it after my electric razor).

She also liked baby powder after a shave with Proraso. This is also the combination that got the most compliments from other women.

Personally I like Musgo, but Geofrey Bean's Bowling Green was my all time favorite scent (very close to a pure Earl Grey tea smell but with a hint of musk).

aqua velva and brut get positive reviews.

chicks don't dig old spice. some do until you tell them its old spice. then they assume you and jaques cousteau used to hang out.

clubman, well if you can find a mid-twenties girl that likes it you should probably marry her.

Top Bottom