What's new

Great Pakistan razor use!!

Having re-started my career shaving with a straight I found that the interim 30 yeas had not been kind to my skin or motor skills remembered. Being a thin guy with a very angular wrinkled face I was having trouble regaining my chops. I bought a CHEEPO Ebay razor and ran what theoretical edge it ever had off with a hone. It will still cut melted butter with some effort. A sawing motion works best. By lathering up I found I could experiment with various hand, angle and arm positions without requiring transfusions after the fact. Being an older Yeti I bleed easily and have thin skin. Finding a good solution to an particular area could be easily seen and felt. If not, re-lather and try another approach. Once I found the right one I did it wit a REAL razor without tears and very good results. This may seem a woosey way out but it works and it might help others just starting out or old guys like me who are somewhat senile.

Hmmm, possibly another good use for Pakistani str8s. My only current use is for letter openers, butter knives, and cheese knives. A particularly good one will do for a steak knife. After you set the bevel with your 1K hone, simply take your fine triangular file and take regular gouges out of the edge. It simulates the edge of really fine steak knives. Your dinner guests will be intrigued (polite speak for think you are eccentric as all get out).

Top Bottom