What's new

Lothantique Pere et Fils Shaving Soap

After reading about this soap I was able to find it here. Used it for the first time this morning.

The puck is small - 75g - so @ $12/puck it's not exactly a bargain. But man, what a shave. This might be a glycerin-based soap but the lather was slick, plentiful and easy to make. Have I mentioned how slick the lather was? :rolleyes: I indulged in a 3-pass shave this morning and it was smooth, clean & comfortable.

Scent-wise, to my nose it has a somewhat citrus-y feel. Grapefruit comes to mind but that's not exactly right. It's very gentle and certainly doesn't linger. I like the smell a lot.

Awesome soap. :thumbsup: I'd love to know what some other folks think.

Thanks!

Evan

Good stuff indeed. It definitely fits the whole 'french soap' bill. I also really liked Lothoantique's le collectioneur, the scent of which was very much like that of MWF (imo).

Hi All,

Could any of the happy owners of Lothantique soaps provide the indredients.
I would like to try them but I would first check the chemical composition of the products.

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

Could any of the happy owners of Lothantique soaps provide the indredients.
I would like to try them but I would first check the chemical composition of the products.

Thanks in advance

I checked the ingredients before throwing the wrapper away. I don't remember all of them but I do know that this is an entirely veggie-based soap. Palm oil is a key ingredient.

Hope this helps.

I don't know why, but I have always found that soaps to a better job. I have spent a fortune on every kind of shave cream, but I find myself going back to the puck. The lather is not as luxurious but the shave is much slicker, closer and more enjoyable.

Now, look what you have done, I have got to get some Lothoantique. Will this shaving maddness ever end? I hope not.

Top Bottom