What's new

DE Attempt 5

I'm happy to report it went well.

But it took over an hour. My friend does his routine in 15 minutes. How can I hone it down?

Anyway, I'm using an HD with Super Murker blades, a Williams puck, and an Omega boar brush. These items are not my choice products, they're just what I have right now, because I just started.

I did 4 passes: WTG, XTG, XTG, and ATG. It ended well, with little irritation.

However, the lather cooled down very quickly. I kept it in warm water while I showered, but was disappointed when it hit my face. How do I keep it warm?

So to sum up my questions:
How can I hone my routine to a more manageable time?
How do I keep the lather warm?

I'm happy to report it went well.

But it took over an hour. My friend does his routine in 15 minutes. How can I hone it down?

Anyway, I'm using an HD with Super Murker blades, a Williams puck, and an Omega boar brush. These items are not my choice products, they're just what I have right now, because I just started.

I did 4 passes: WTG, XTG, XTG, and ATG. It ended well, with little irritation.

However, the lather cooled down very quickly. I kept it in warm water while I showered, but was disappointed when it hit my face. How do I keep it warm?

So to sum up my questions:
How can I hone my routine to a more manageable time?
How do I keep the lather warm?

To answer your questions as far as cutting time down in your routine it simply takes practice. The more you master your technique and the more comfortable you become the faster it will progress naturally. This is one of those things you don't want to really rush. Take your time, master your technique and it will help to keep to one routine. The more routine things become and the better your technique the faster it will be. When I first started it took me about 40 minutes. With simple practice, time, and repetition it has dropped to around 15 and I can get it down to less if I need to.

Suggestions for keeping lather warm. Use a mug or cup to lather in. Keep the lather mug and your brush sitting in a sink full of hot water (as full as it can be without floating your mug/cup). That will keep the lather bowl/mug/cup warm which will in turn keep the lather/brush inside warm.

Hope this helps!

Maybe try making the lather after you get out of the shower.

The water still cools down to a disappointing room temperature. Maybe I'll put a pot of water on the stove, and use that water to mix the lather? Anyone tried this? Or have informed speculation?

Good luck in your quest. I can't get a decent shave in under 20 minutes. I keep my lather bowl in the hot water and it helps keep the lather warm. I need to order a scuttle, (along with about 100 other items ).

Top Bottom