What's new

Toughest fictional action hero.....

I am wondering who your favorite fictional "Tough Guy" action hero is. It could be someone from a book, a movie, a TV series, ect.

Mine is Dirk Pitt. Dirk was the main character in a long series of books written by Clive Cussler. Anyone who has read these books would most likely agree that he is the toughest SOB in literary fiction.

A close second would have to be Earl Swagger. Earl Swagger is a character in another run of books by Stephen Hunter.

So, who is your favorite fictional tough guy?

Linda, spartan II 058 from the halo series. She freaking dies gets frozen and then comes back to kick *** while missing a few organs and other important things. How many other tough guys do that.

Dirk Pitt is a good one, but I would have to go with Richard "Demo Dick" Marcinko. Although he is a real person, his books are fictional.

I would also like to add Richard Rahl of the Sword of Truth series.

I like Repairman Jack and Jame Retief.

I also like Harry Flashman and Fletch, but these are anti-tough guys. Teddy Ruzak is a really likable new addition to this group (The Highly Effective Detective).

Either The Bride ("Beatrix Kiddo") or any character Chuck Norris ever played.

Mack Bolan?! Seriously? I bet Dolomite (With his All-Girl Army of Kung Fu Killers) could kick Mac Bolan's butt.

I do have to put Conan near the top of the list, though William Wallace (as shown in Braveheart) would give him a run for his money.

Either The Bride ("Beatrix Kiddo") or any character Chuck Norris ever played.

Mack Bolan?! Seriously? I bet Dolomite (With his All-Girl Army of Kung Fu Killers) could kick Mac Bolan's butt.

I do have to put Conan near the top of the list, though William Wallace (as shown in Braveheart) would give him a run for his money.

Yeah, looking back, Ole' Mack really was not too tough.

Note** William Wallace was not a fictional character. The real William Wallace made Mel Gibsons portrail look like a wuss!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Wallace

Yeah, looking back, Ole' Mack really was not too tough.

MST3K did a great send-up of Dolomite, if I recall correctly.

Note** William Wallace was not a fictional character. The real William Wallace made Mel Gibsons portrail look like a wuss!!

Sure sure, I knew that Wallace was a real character, but I figured that the hollywood-ization of his character would make him unrecognizable to people who knew the original Wallace. You're telling me the reverse is true? Whoa.

I am just asying that the real WW was nearly 7' tall and was onry enough that they did all this to him when they executed him.........

"Following the trial, on 23 August 1305, Wallace was taken from the hall, stripped naked and dragged through the city at the heels of a horse to the Elms at Smithfield. He was hanged, drawn and quartered — strangled by hanging but released while still alive, emasculated, eviscerated and his bowels burnt before him, beheaded, then cut into four parts. His preserved head was placed on a pike atop London Bridge. It was later joined by the heads of the brothers, John and Simon Fraser. His limbs were displayed, separately, in Newcastle upon Tyne, Berwick-upon-Tweed, Stirling, and Aberdeen."

Guts (or Gatts, Gatsu, or however you prefer to Romanize it from Japanese) the Black Swordsman from the manga series Berserk. For anybody who's ever read it, I don't think there could possibly be any doubt that he wins, hands down.

Top Bottom