What's new

Helan Natural Vetiver & Rum cream?

Have any of you folks tried Helan's Vetiver & Rum?

I thought the EdT was nice and I'm curious if anyone has experience with the aftershave splash or the shaving cream. I notice they sell a shave soap as well but I can't seem to find it online. Thanks!

Here's a photo:

proxy.php

I've seen it online at Smallflower, but never tried it. I've always been curious about the scent......vetiver & rum seems like an odd combo to me. What's it like?

The scent is very masculine. It is spicy and woodsy, with a touch of sweetness from the rum. Although the scent is not terribly complex, it is a very nice combination of vetiver and rum notes.

I would put it in the same category as old spice, or tabac. Not that it smells like these fragrances, per se, but it has a similar "old world" charm that oozes masculinity (if that makes any sense).

As I'm a aftershave-aholic, I was also thinking about picking up some of their alcohol-based splash as well. The price-point is excellent...I may just need to pull the trigger, and let you guys know how it goes!

I had a tube from Caswell-Massey. Nice almond scent, makes a sudsy lather like diswashing liquid and quickly disappears. Nothing to brag about. However the aftershave, aftershave balm and edt are out of this world. I rarely wear it, and when I do, I receive compliments.-bladerunner

I had a tube from Caswell-Massey. Nice almond scent, makes a sudsy lather like diswashing liquid and quickly disappears. Nothing to brag about. However the aftershave, aftershave balm and edt are out of this world. I rarely wear it, and when I do, I receive compliments.-bladerunner

Hmmm that doesn't bode well...although that's great news about the A/S!

I searched the forum for Helan because I recently received a tube of vetiver & rum from Smallflower (along with other goodies) and I wanted to see if anyone had the same experience I did. Bladerunner did! The fragrance is great, but the consistency was very liquid! Perhaps I had too much water on my brush, I wasn't expecting that, but the "lather" if one could call it that was, as bladerunner said, more like suds! In spite of having used a pre-shave oil, the shave was very unsatisfactory! Has anyone used this succesfully, and how?? I like the fragrance, but won't put up with the irritation and bad shave!

I have never been a big fan of shaving "creams". I like something foamy, or that has rich lather. So, vetiver and rum shaving foam is much better.

Not to resurrect a dormant thread or anything, but I got a sample of Helan's Rum & Vetiver After Shave Balsam from TheSoapBar.com the other day. I really liked it--it was a rich, thick cream and required very little to get the job done. The scent is strong and earthy. It actually reminded me a lot of l'Occitane's Cade ASB. At about $5 less for 25 ml more, a nice alternative fans of the Cade.

Wonderful scent, and the entire product line of Helan Vetiver and Rum is available directly from the importer at italiansoapstore.com

Last edited:
Top Bottom