What's new

Billy Blanks Tae Bo

Has anyone tried it? My usual activity is High Intensity Training (HIT) with my Bowflex and Nautilus equipment. Great stuff! But when I'm taking a break from the weights, I do Tae Bo. The stuff works. It may not be the best if you're not already in reasonable shape because some moves are very involved. But if you can handle the intensity, you will get one heck of a workout. :thumbup1:

M

modern man

Yes. It is actually a good cardio work out.

I have the ultimate Taebo vid, about 60 min long and no I don't use the bo staff :lol:

proxy.php

I nearly wore my tapes out. Played it over and over again. Did an after school class with some teenagers (who couldn't keep up with me, the losers :tongue_sm). I think the Tae Bo workouts are great and fun. I just became bored with them after a couple of years. I probably should pick them back up this winter and do a few more rounds of it, now that you mention it.

I nearly wore my tapes out. Played it over and over again. Did an after school class with some teenagers (who couldn't keep up with me, the losers :tongue_sm). I think the Tae Bo workouts are great and fun. I just became bored with them after a couple of years. I probably should pick them back up this winter and do a few more rounds of it, now that you mention it.

Yeah, I was bored with my old tapes too. I just bought the BootCamp Elite set for $5.50 shipped off eBay. :biggrin:

Pfff, I allway wonder: why don't you do either a regular martial art, if you think these moves are so cool, or do a regular aerobic workout. Just don't try to look like an idiot doing useless fighting moves without fighting.

M

modern man

Pfff, I allway wonder: why don't you do either a regular martial art, if you think these moves are so cool, or do a regular aerobic workout. Just don't try to look like an idiot doing useless fighting moves without fighting.

Martial arts is good too but not everyone will work you out like Mister Miyagi. Taebo is not meant to teach any of this, it is just to get you moving. It is kind of like saying why do boxers train, all they do is fight.

I find regular aerobics to be either boring or too much like Richard Simmons.

The moves serve their purpose, which is to get a good workout. The fact that there are some fighting moves in the program is irrelevant. No one said anything about being cool or using the DVDs for combat.

Generally speaking I agree...if you wanna throw some kicks go train muay thai or american kickboxing. But with that said, being active is better than being sedentary...if Tae Bo is what motivates you to get off your butt, then rock on.

Done both martial arts (various styles) and Tae Bo. Sure, they're different; but, they each fill a niche. And Tae Bo is actually pretty effective cardio.

I'm Rex, founder of the Rex Kwan Do self-defense system! After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the STRENGTH of a grizzly, the reflexes of a PUMA, and the wisdom of a man.

At Rex Kwan Do, we use the buddy system. No more flying solo. You need somebody watching your back at all times. Second off, you're gonna learn to discipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan over here?

Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it. Last off, my students will learn about self respect. You think anybody thinks I'm a failure because I go home to Starla at night? Forget about it!

[YOUTUBE]PKmUsVeKp1o[/YOUTUBE]

...sorry - couldnt help myself

Tae Bo is a great workout, I need to dust off my old tapes now that you bring it up!
I would, though, highly suggest folks take a class or two from a Martial Arts teacher (or sign up :biggrin1:) to learn the basic techniques. I took an aerobics class in college (needed the last hour credit, besides, aerobics + college ladies....do the math), and we ended up doing Tae Bo for half the year, and I spent half my time in the class teaching proper technique. Yeah, he goes over it in the warmup segment, but if there's no one there watching and seeing you do something wrong, you'll never know til you have an injury.

I'm Rex, founder of the Rex Kwan Do self-defense system! After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the STRENGTH of a grizzly, the reflexes of a PUMA, and the wisdom of a man.

At Rex Kwan Do, we use the buddy system. No more flying solo. You need somebody watching your back at all times. Second off, you're gonna learn to discipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan over here?

Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it. Last off, my students will learn about self respect. You think anybody thinks I'm a failure because I go home to Starla at night? Forget about it!

[YOUTUBE]PKmUsVeKp1o[/YOUTUBE]

...sorry - couldnt help myself
What's with the top your student is wearing? :confused: How big does he think his arms are gonna get?
:lol::lol:

Has anyone tried it? My usual activity is High Intensity Training (HIT) with my Bowflex and Nautilus equipment. Great stuff! But when I'm taking a break from the weights, I do Tae Bo. The stuff works. It may not be the best if you're not already in reasonable shape because some moves are very involved. But if you can handle the intensity, you will get one heck of a workout. :thumbup1:

I'm with you on the HIT approach. I don't do cardio beyond playing with the kids and hiking up mountains. However, we do have the Tae Bo tapes and that's what my older girls like to work out with. It is a pretty intense program as far as TV type work outs go but bodybuilders (aka burpees/squat thrusts) will tear you down in less time and with no money spent.

Top Bottom