What's new

Let's see your mugs and bowls

When I first joined B&B I was using a AoS wooden bowl to hold my soap (I face lather). I found out about Don McIvor and had him make me a bowl out of cocobolo.

I am currently using what I refer to as the "poor man's scuttle".

View attachment 34883
I bought this pirex bowl from Walmart.

View attachment 34884
My girlfriend had randomly made this bowl (hand-thrown in her pottery class) a few months before I started wet shaving.

View attachment 34885
They fit almost perfectly!

View attachment 34886
When I whip up a hot bowl of lather it stays nice and toasty for at least 3 passes because the pirex does a really good job of helping the water retain its heat and the thickness of the clay bowl allows the lather to be heated at a steady rate.

This is a very nice combination for 2 reason: 1.) The set only cost me about $4 (for the pirex bowl) and 2.) I got brownie points with my lady for making good use of something she made with her own hands. :001_smile

When I whip up a hot bowl of lather it stays nice and toasty for at least 3 passes because the pirex does a really good job of helping the water retain its heat and the thickness of the clay bowl allows the lather to be heated at a steady rate.

This is a very nice combination for 2 reason: 1.) The set only cost me about $4 (for the pirex bowl) and 2.) I got brownie points with my lady for making good use of something she made with her own hands. :001_smile

Very nice looking setup. Nothing like keeping it hot on all fronts :thumbup:

I didn't know Altoids made a raspberry shaving soap. :c1:

Very nice looking setup. Nothing like keeping it hot on all fronts :thumbup:

I didn't know Altoids made a raspberry shaving soap. :c1:

That's the way I like to keep it. :wink:

And the soap in the picture is a puck of dragon's blood (olive oil base) from Susie's bubbles and squeak that I melted down to fit in the tin. I needed a container for it right about the time I was polishing off that tin of sours. Works great!

But now you've got me wondering what a raspberry soap made by Altoids would be like.

My guess would be so "curiously strong" it would make you want to punch yourself in the face...just like the mints. :biggrin:

I'm a face-latherer so I use an Old Spice mug that belonged to my grandfather. Needless to say, I consider it priceless. The razors in the picture belonged to my father and father-in-law. Also very special indeed.

View attachment 34883

View attachment 34884
My girlfriend had randomly made this bowl (hand-thrown in her pottery class) a few months before I started wet shaving.

View attachment 34885

View attachment 34886

Great, creative, use of stuff you have around the house!

View attachment 34883

View attachment 34884

View attachment 34885

View attachment 34886

What a great Idea! I guess it is true "Necessity is the mother of invention" or better yet, as we say in Kentuky, "A poor man has poor ways". At any rate, great job. I just was wondering if you could use one of those scented candle wax heaters to keep the water at a steady temperature.

proxy.php

An example of a Sara "Waterfall" scuttle. I use it every time I shave...not sure what I do if something happened to it...short of buying a new one ASAP, that is! :tongue:

Here is my Dirty Bird Brush Scuttle and lather bowl. I'm in a soap and face lathering phase now so the lather bowl is getting a rest. But the scuttle is a must.

View attachment 34868

Regards,
Bob

Bob- I just got my Brush Scuttle in the mail today. I will post pictures later. I can't wait to try it out. (Mine is #21) Yours must be one of the first ones. Travis

Top Bottom