What's new

Soap Lids

Is there any benefit to lided soap containers over the uncovered mug veriety? i.e. Does the soap somehow last longer because it doesn't dry out as fast? Do most of you cover you soaps imediatly after shaving, while they are still wet? It would save quite a bit of cash just buying a puck and putting it in a nice mug.

Thanks!

Some say use a lid, some say let it uncovered...

I read once that for the P160 soap, we should keep it stored with a lid, so I did. As for my other soaps, yes the majority live in containers with lid, but I have some bars of soap that just lay on top of my wooden box where I keep my gear. I pick them up and load the brush by grabbing the bar on one hand and swirling and pumping the brush with the other. In the end, I dry the soap and put it on top of the box. So far, so good.

What about the rest of you gents?

I melt my soap into an Old Spice mug and keep it uncovered. I simply rinse out the lather and turn in upside down on a washcloth while I'm cleaning my mess and then I just put the mug away uncapped.

I use lids so I can stack them all on the shelf. Back in the days before I knew better and only used one soap at a time :rolleyes:, I just left it in a mug uncovered. Never had any problem. They say the scent does disapate a bit if left uncovered. Nothing to get too concerned about though.

Top Bottom