What's new

Should the shaving cream and soap forums be combined?

Should the shaving cream and soap forums be merged?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$holy%20thread%20resurrection.jpg

NO! Keep those cream loving heathens out of my beloved soap forum! :a13::a7::death:

But all kidding aside, I vote to keep them separate.

EDIT: Oh wow I didn't even notice the zombie status of this thread haha

I agree this thread needs to die (again).

Do you really think the cream guys are going to put up with at least two new threads each day about how terrible/great old/new Arko/Williams/Mama Bear/MWF scent or lathering performance is?

Besides we would never get Tabac back onto the front page. :)

Doh. Got suckered into voting. Lock, maybe? Glad it is separate. Can you imagine trying to figure out if they "best TODS scent" or anything about Palmolive was about soap or cream? Dodged a proverbial bullet there.
" keep em separated" heh

I read them both every day. So I'd rather just go to one section. Besides, a point not yet mentioned I think is that there is so much overlap that it might be better to only have one set of threads to look at so someone isn't opening a Cella thread in the "Soaps" section while someone else is busy opening a similar thread in the "Creams" section. The only value I see to having them separate is that if someone has absolutely no interest at all in one of the other they would have to skip some threads if the two were combined. That doesn't seem like too bad of a tradeoff for the value having all "lather" discusssions being in one section.

What I thought when reading this thread:

Dread Pirate Roberts: < turns away from Vizzini with the goblets, and pours the poison in. Goblets replaced on the table, one in front of each. > All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right...and who is dead.Vizzini: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.Dread Pirate Roberts: You've made your decision then?Vizzini: Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.Dread Pirate Roberts: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.Vizzini: WAIT TILL I GET GOING! Where was I?Dread Pirate Roberts: Australia.Vizzini: Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.Dread Pirate Roberts: You're just stalling now.Vizzini: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.Dread Pirate Roberts: You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work.Vizzini: IT HAS WORKED! YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY! I KNOW WHERE THE POISON IS!Dread Pirate Roberts: Then make your choice.Vizzini: I will, and I choose-- What in the world can that be?

marty

Last edited:
Combine! How I get to good lather doesn't matter. Like some soaps - hate some soaps. Like some creams - hate some creams. I do agree that regardless, it should be separate from face/body soaps.

NO! Better user experience as 2 separate forums. For example, my personal preference these days is soap-would be a PIA to have to weed through a combined forum to browse new "soap" specific threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom