View Poll Results: Should the shaving cream and soap forums be merged?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

60 37.50%
  • No.

100 62.50%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should the shaving cream and soap forums be combined?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by cryhavoc View Post
    Ye gotta keep em seperated!
    Uh...seeing as the last post in this thread before yours was made, oh, 6.5 years ago, I think that's what they decided to do.
    Evan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	holy%20thread%20resurrection.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	225129
    Gene ~ When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.

My vote is to combine them; to me it's like having separate forums for badger and boar brushes.
    ralpho | The poorest guy in the human race/Can have a million dollar face - Burma-Shave

Combining them might protect them from Hurricane Katrina.
    -Ray
    Some may never live, but the crazy never die. -HST
    BOTOC Power!

NO! Keep those cream loving heathens out of my beloved soap forum!

But all kidding aside, I vote to keep them separate.

EDIT: Oh wow I didn't even notice the zombie status of this thread haha

Images

ZOMBIE - THREAD!!!!

Holy moley!

Brains!!!!

[COLOR="magenta"][SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]OWNER OF THE PINK BRUSH[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"][CENTER]Blood Brother since 2010 [/CENTER][/COLOR]

FL shaver is offline I lay awake at night worried there's more cream in the tube I threw out

Quote Originally Posted by gage0921 View Post
    Well im going to have to be difficult and say keep them seperate. There are some who prefer creams to soaps and visa versa and may not want to sort through an assortment.
    +1
    EDIT: Why bring it back?????
    Surrey, VDH, GFT Coconut, MWF, CS Pine, Cade, Arlington, Tabac, Lightfoot's, Arko, Godrej

Images

Nice slow burn on that comeback!
    Just call me Chris.

Why would you dig up a 6 1/2 old thread? Of course, I voted (No) before I noticed that it was that​ old. I have no excuse, myself.
    My mileage does vary.

I agree this thread needs to die (again).

Do you really think the cream guys are going to put up with at least two new threads each day about how terrible/great old/new Arko/Williams/Mama Bear/MWF scent or lathering performance is?

Besides we would never get Tabac back onto the front page. :)

I guess we know which side won.

Just this side of the Middle of the Mitten

Doh. Got suckered into voting. Lock, maybe? Glad it is separate. Can you imagine trying to figure out if they "best TODS scent" or anything about Palmolive was about soap or cream? Dodged a proverbial bullet there.
    " keep em separated" heh
    Daily driver: DE89, 7 OC Black, Palmolive Stick, FS Finest, Lucido/4711 mix or Nivea ASB.

Where can I vote to separate the Williams/Tabac threads from B&B?

I sometimes mix up the two, plus I use Cella which is kind of half soap and half cream, so I'd be inclined to combine the two.

I read them both every day. So I'd rather just go to one section. Besides, a point not yet mentioned I think is that there is so much overlap that it might be better to only have one set of threads to look at so someone isn't opening a Cella thread in the "Soaps" section while someone else is busy opening a similar thread in the "Creams" section. The only value I see to having them separate is that if someone has absolutely no interest at all in one of the other they would have to skip some threads if the two were combined. That doesn't seem like too bad of a tradeoff for the value having all "lather" discusssions being in one section.
    Jim

What I thought when reading this thread:

Dread Pirate Roberts: < turns away from Vizzini with the goblets, and pours the poison in. Goblets replaced on the table, one in front of each. > All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right...and who is dead.Vizzini: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.Dread Pirate Roberts: You've made your decision then?Vizzini: Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.Dread Pirate Roberts: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.Vizzini: WAIT TILL I GET GOING! Where was I?Dread Pirate Roberts: Australia.Vizzini: Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.Dread Pirate Roberts: You're just stalling now.Vizzini: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.Dread Pirate Roberts: You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work.Vizzini: IT HAS WORKED! YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY! I KNOW WHERE THE POISON IS!Dread Pirate Roberts: Then make your choice.Vizzini: I will, and I choose-- What in the world can that be?

marty
    Last edited by htownmmm; 03-02-2012 at 10:18 AM.
    Ookla... Ariel.....RIDE!!!!

"Noble Knight of the Veg Table"

I am not a cream user. They are two different products so I would keep them separated.

Combine! How I get to good lather doesn't matter. Like some soaps - hate some soaps. Like some creams - hate some creams. I do agree that regardless, it should be separate from face/body soaps.

NO! Better user experience as 2 separate forums. For example, my personal preference these days is soap-would be a PIA to have to weed through a combined forum to browse new "soap" specific threads.

who knew an almost 7 year old thread would STILL cause such a debate!!