What's new

Dirtybird shave scuttle vs. brush scuttle

Good morning all (this is my first post!)

I have been brush / DE shaving now for about 4 months. I use soap and lather on the face. I am loving it, but I have the impression that my lather is not as good as it could be. I was thinking about getting a Dirty Bird scuttle. However, I am confused about the brush scuttle vs. the shave scuttle!

It appears that the brush scuttle keeps your brush nice and warm, but presumably if you lather in the bowl then the lather goes cool. Is the assumption that all the excess lather not used on your face, stays on the brush and stays warm in the brush scuttle?

The shave scuttle clearly keeps the lather you have made warm in the bowl, but presumably does a less good job of keeping the brush warm as it is not enveloped in the scuttle like the brush scuttle.

Is my understanding correct? Does anyone have any experience of comparing the brush and shave scuttles? Does it make any difference if I use soap or cream?

Finally as I live in London, I was wondering if there are any British companies making anything similar to DirtyBird. I have found this one (http://www..................com/scuttle.html), but it is hard to tell if it is any good.

Thanks very much for your help.

Sorry, but that's not really v helpful! I am asking for a comparison between two v specific types of scuttle - a lather scuttle vs. a brush scuttle.

At least point me in the right direction for previous relevant threads (because I have searched before and did not find anything).

Thanks again!

I was in the same quandary but I went ahead and ordered the brush scuttle because I usually make a bowl to whip my cream but once that is done my brush is so thick that it holds most of the lather and then I just finish lathering on my face. I am still awaiting my scuttle anxiously. On a side note I heard a rumor that Certain English soaps will be changing their formula per request by the Royals in an effort to be more environmental friendly. Have you heard any such rumor?

I have a DirtyBird Scuttle and make my lather in the bowl of it. I can tell you that it keeps BOTH the lather and the brush toasty warm for a 3 or 4 pass shave.

Top Bottom