What's new

Favorite Blade

I have tried a only 3 blades (so now you can stop reading because the rest is just wasted space!), Wal-Mart Personas, Derbys, 7 o'clocks thanks to RichGem.

I can't tell too much difference between the 7's and the Derby's therefore because Derbys cost so little, Derby's are my choice. I get six shaves and can't ask anymore from a blade.

However; I am new and have not learned how to be a blade connoisseur yet. When I am, it will probably be Vulcan with a name I can't pronounce.

Feather. I did try a lot of other kinds, and the Swedes are pretty good, IMHO. Feathers are consistent, in my experience. Not a lot of variation--when I used Merkurs, they seemed to be all over the place.

PLEASE keep in mind that blade choice is pretty much a "what works for you" decision. ALSO...the same blade can behave radically different based on what razor(s) you load it in!!!!!!

This is no Myth! It is absolutely True!!!!:tongue_sm

Regards,

Not considering price, i think Gillette Swedes.....but if i take price and availability in account, i'd say Derby followed by Feather.

Feather gives me the closest shave but also minimal more irritation and costs more. Derby is close and costs much less. The swedes....well, only tried them for 2 shaves but man, they felt comfortable....but they're so expensive and hard to find :crying: :9898: :cursing:

Sofar tried Merkur, 7am, Derby, Astra Superiors, Gillette 7'o clocks, Sharps Walmart and Gio's Egyptian blade sampler.

By far the Feather provides the closest shave. Next day beard growth is minimal. Unsure if its the smoothest but its very smooth. Less passes are required for a close shave.

Yes, of course one must be careful. IMO the horror stories are over blown. As a newbie I used a feather within 2 weeks.

Make sure to use proper beard prep and super lather. Face protection is extremely critical as opposed to other blades.

Anxious to test the Swedes. Runner up blade are the Astra Superiors. Nice sharp blade.

Feathers are my #1 choice, but when I use them I can only shave every 2-3days because they cut so close, beard growth is minimal :)

Derby's are second choice

Merkurs are my next choice when I want to scrape some paint :)

Top Bottom