What's new

Aeterna blades, good or bad?

Just found the guys by surfing around for blades.
http://www.rakbladsfabriken.com/

Seems like they are active and still are making blades in Sweden. Wrote them an email earlier today to see if they have any retaliers in Sweden or are willing to sell blades in bulk.

Has anybody tried these blades?

Havent seen them for sale anywhere.

Just found the guys by surfing around for blades.
http://www.rakbladsfabriken.com/

Seems like they are active and still are making blades in Sweden. Wrote them an email earlier today to see if they have any retaliers in Sweden or are willing to sell blades in bulk.

Has anybody tried these blades?

Havent seen them for sale anywhere.

We're working on a NOS group buy of Aeterna and Schick blades. Hold that thought.

We're working on a NOS group buy of Aeterna and Schick blades. Hold that thought.

Nice to hear, still waiting for an answer from the factory. Right now I'm curious to hear how good the blades are and if they're worth buying in bulk.

Well, the guy's at http://www.rakbladsfabriken.com/don't seem that eager to get any retailers or selling anything at all. Infact they won't even bother to reply to my email and just say - no, bugger off.

Too, bad, would have loved to try the last Swedish made DE blade and see how they would match the Gillette "swedes" blade.

So, don't bother contacting them.

Well, the guy's at http://www.rakbladsfabriken.com/don't seem that eager to get any retailers or selling anything at all. Infact they won't even bother to reply to my email and just say - no, bugger off.

Too, bad, would have loved to try the last Swedish made DE blade and see how they would match the Gillette "swedes" blade.

So, don't bother contacting them.

Whoa. This is a very tough and persistent crowd, who when they want an accessory, do not take "no" for an answer. I'm sure there's a team of international lawyers and Double O agents working on this as we speak.

I'm sure there's a team of international lawyers and Double O agents working on this as we speak.
:w00t:

That's actually great. I hope this forum will lovebomb them all they can and send them ziljons of requestmails and questions, in the end - who can resist a vintage shaver on a mission to get new blades:tongue_sm

...And all of a sudden, they responded to my email:w00t:

Their blades aren't possible to get a hold of in a store or ordering online but they agreed on letting me order a pack of 100 blades for starters.

I'll get back on how good the blades are. This is so cool to be able to try out the last manufactured blade from Sweden!!!

I've never heard of these blades in Norway, and I've never seen them on sale in Sweden either. As the only Safety Razor they make is a surgical prep razor "Designed to remove bodyhair with minimum damage to epidermis" it sounds as if they sell directly to the industrial and medical market.

Let us know how the blades work, if the price is right postage is cheap from Sweden.

They are probably set up to sell in batches of 1000s that its more of a pain for one of the shipping guys to box up a box of 100.

Let us know how they turn out.

I'd be really up for trying them. Assuming they're good, will you PM me if you're willing to let a packet/couple go for a reasonable price? Did a search in Swedish and got nothing. We must try to get these blades if they are as good as we hope they are. Am I right in thinking that "Swedish steel" is an A.C.? I remember guitar-strings that were supposed to be brilliant because they were Swedish

Mace just sent me a selection of New/Old Stock Aeterna blades, plus some Dutch Schick DE blades. I tried the Aeterna Platinums this morning in my Lux (the only one with a non-new blade in it!!), and was impressed.

Mace found a bunch of these for sale in sealed packs; they were manufactured in the 1990s but they sure shave well. I sent him a PM about a group buy, with him sending me a huge pile of them, and then me redistributing them (possibly using SMOKE as a west coast reseller, since I'm in Maryland) in the States and Canada, for those who are interested.

No word on price yet, so don't ask, okay?

In researching some off brand NOS blades from the 60's, I believe I found out that "Swedish Steel" is a term of art for a particular type of stainless steel formulation. There is a discussion on an Convair board about piston rings being made of Swedish Steel as well.

Intriguing. It'd be great to get some boutique steel. I'd probably use them even if they weren't any better than the "pretend Swedes" made by G....you know who.

Got an email today that told me that my blades got shipped.
I hope they will arrive before Christmas.

To be continued...

Bump.

How did this work out? A Swedish blade? Would love to hear about it.

Magnus reports, sadly, that the guy with all the blades closed up shop and hasn't been seen since. For now, this purchase is all on hold. The Aeterna Platinums are very good blades, and the Dutch Schick blades are too. The Aeterna Stainless blades are fine but not as good as the Platinums. I know Magnus will keep on the lookout, but I can't expect he'll be lucky enough to find the guy soon.

Top Bottom