What's new

Aeterna blades, good or bad?

In researching some off brand NOS blades from the 60's, I believe I found out that "Swedish Steel" is a term of art for a particular type of stainless steel formulation. There is a discussion on an Convair board about piston rings being made of Swedish Steel as well.

You are right; swedish steel is also known as 12C37 and is used among other things for knife making and ball bearings.
"Swedes" however are Gillette razor blades with a couple of Scandinavian cities mentioned at the blister.

@ malocchio; you should still want to try them. My current fav blade was ditched by 65-70% of an Hungarian forum so what other people have to say is all great but the only real test is the one you perform yourself.

@ malocchio; you should still want to try them. My current fav blade was ditched by 65-70% of an Hungarian forum so what other people have to say is all great but the only real test is the one you perform yourself.
Yes !!...I do want to try them,even with the generic wrapper ...tough to get tho'....

Top Bottom