What's new

Blues and Jazz music

I enjoy Taj Mahal's music a lot. He's doesn't object to people bootlegging his performances, so you can find some good stuff (in flac audio format, you better know what to do with that) on etree.org. It's always disappointing when an artist is great live but you can't find quality bootlegs - fortunately there are some good recordings of Taj. Look out for the Langerado concert from 2007, that's near CD quality and a good set.

There've been a lot of great Jazz recommendations, but nobody has said Dave Brubeck yet. Till now. I said it. Or typed it. Whatever. Also, for the sake of not repeating any of the other excellent suggestions, allow me to bring to your attention Acker Bilk. I don't think he counts or counted as avant-garde jazz, but he sure can play clarinet.

Like Dave Brubeck, he's still out playing. I got to see Dave in the spring, and it should not be missed. I hope I get the chance to catch Acker some day.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m9vMWkul7A[/YOUTUBE]

I enjoy Taj Mahal's music a lot. He's doesn't object to people bootlegging his performances, so you can find some good stuff (in flac audio format, you better know what to do with that) on etree.org. It's always disappointing when an artist is great live but you can't find quality bootlegs - fortunately there are some good recordings of Taj. Look out for the Langerado concert from 2007, that's near CD quality and a good set.

There've been a lot of great Jazz recommendations, but nobody has said Dave Brubeck yet. Till now. I said it. Or typed it. Whatever. Also, for the sake of not repeating any of the other excellent suggestions, allow me to bring to your attention Acker Bilk. I don't think he counts or counted as avant-garde jazz, but he sure can play clarinet.

Like Dave Brubeck, he's still out playing. I got to see Dave in the spring, and it should not be missed. I hope I get the chance to catch Acker some day.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m9vMWkul7A[/YOUTUBE]

I'll say it again. Dave Brubeck's "Time Out" is a classic jazz album.

Top Bottom