What's new

Stainless Vs High carbon?

I noticed while digging on the Tedpallas website that they had high carbon feather blades too.
Anybody tried those in a razor?
I'm assuming it would take scary sharp to a new level.
:eek:
or am I better with coated and stainless anyways?

I just started using Treets black bladed carbon steel blades this week. It is my most favorite blade to date. Extremely sharp and very inexpensive. I think I will be placing an order for a lot of these. The shave is very smooth and free of irritation.

Treet also makes a coated version of the "Black Beauty", known as the "Classic," in a yellow wrapper.

I've had good enough results with the Classic to stock up on them. It's sharp, smooth, and reasonably priced.

The coating, which I suspect is PTFE only, no platinum, makes it smoother than the "Black Beauty," and rust resistant like a stainless blade. I get 4-5 shaves with each one, like I get with a Derby, Crystal, or Dorco 301.

>>>>>The coating, which I suspect is PTFE only, no platinum, makes it smoother than the "Black Beauty," and rust resistant like a stainless blade. I get 4-5 shaves with each one, like I get with a Derby, Crystal, or Dorco 301.

I think this makes it akin to a Super Blue Blade....Although I think they used Silicone at the beginning. I wonder if Gillette switched to PTFE for SBB? They made them through the 80s at least.

Top Bottom