What's new

Amazing NYC Restaurant

My wife & I went to Mas Farmhouse for dinner last night. Gents, if you live nearby or are planning to come here on vacation this place is among the best restaurants in the city.

The menu changes daily. They pride themselves on using locally-sourced ingredients; our waitress made sure to tell us "...the chef visits the local green market every day." The first page of the menu features a 3 course tasting meal (including dessert) for $66/person. But you're not limited to what's on that page. You can choose from anything on the menu. Or you can order traditionally.

Or you can do what we did, which is to tell them whatever you love/don't love/are allergic to/have dietary restrictions about and let the chef use those parameters to cook for you. They'll bring out 6 different courses (including dessert) and each one is a surprise, as well as a culinary & visual treat.

The service was exemplary. Unobtrusive yet well attended-to. The wine list is wonderful, too. My wife's not a big drinker so ordering a full bottle would be a waste. It was therefore a nice surprise to see a superb offering of different wines by the glass.

It's a low-key, casually elegant setting. Definitely romantic but not in an over-the-top way. It would also be a great place for, say, a couples dinner with some close friends.

I can't say enough good things about this place. Again, if you're looking for a special night out with a special friend (or even with a small group), this restaurant is a great option.

Sounds like a gem. And not over-the-top expensive, either.

On a side note, one of the best meals I've ever eaten was in NYC, at Le Bernardin. A truly amazing French restaurant. Probably more of a special occasion type of place (it's pricey), but it's another worth checking out.

SOn a side note, one of the best meals I've ever eaten was in NYC, at Le Bernardin. A truly amazing French restaurant. Probably more of a special occasion type of place (it's pricey), but it's another worth checking out.

No argument from me. It's a great place. Haven't been there in a long time, tho.

Another restaurant in the same vein as Le Bernardin is La Grenouille. It's been around since the early 60s. We sent one of our clients there for dinner recently & she raved about it.

As a big seafood fan, Le Bernardin is a special place. It's pricey but I know very few people who didn't feel it was worth it. :thumbup1:

My friends and I try to go to a new restaurant or bar every month. I don't mean new as in newly opened. What I mean is that we try to take chances and go to places none of us have visited before. There are so many amazing choices out there. Some places are expensive but there's something about going to a great restaurant in NYC. The experience is wonderful.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Sounds like a good one Evan. Also, if you are looking for a place to eat after getting some shaving supplies at Cambridge or Pasteurs try Donahue's for some traditional pub fare. I don't know about the romantic thing, but it sure hits the spot after stocking up on shaving goodies. :lol:

full

Last edited by a moderator:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Another restaurant in the same vein as Le Bernardin is La Grenouille. It's been around since the early 60s. We sent one of our clients there for dinner recently & she raved about it.

Great recommendations, Evbo. The frog is one of the classic old school staples, and has stood the test of time even better than La Cote Basque and Lutece.

Top Bottom