What's new

Newbie introduction

Hello everybody,

after having lurked in this forum for a bit, and even having had the bad manners to have posted before introducing myself, I would like to remedy to this omission.

So, here I am. I am German, living in the Frankfurt region. I have a few years of DE shaving experience (started shaving with that), and started shaving with straight edge rasors about a year ago. I like this forum quite a lot for not only does it contain a host of information, but the courtesy and respect posters generally display here is impressive. I hope to be able to contribute a little to this community.

Best to all,
Marc

Hi Marc

Know the Frankfurt region quite well; I work for a company who's head office is in Darmstadt and am very familiar with Frankfurt airport.

Cheers, Rousey

Welcome!! Glad you decided to join us!! I have spent a lot of time in Mainz. I was lucky enough to be there for Carnival one year! I think I am still hungover! :)

Regards,

Thank you all for your warm welcome! Apologies for being slow to answer, but work kept me from posting earlier.

Welcome aboard.

What set up do you currently use?

Regarding setup, I use a few different straight rasors, 1 Thiers Issard 6/8 new old stock, 1 Dovo "Bergischer Löwe", a Giessen & Forsthoff 7/8 Timor Blue Steel dating back to the 1940's (scary big foll hollow "sword" that one is), a Weiss & Son allegedly dating back to the end of the 19th century. (Gosh, reading that list makes me realise a sever acquisition disorder already set in ;-)). For a brush, I use a small Thiers Issard pure badger brush, and currently DR Harris Marlboro soap. For those times I need to shave quickly, i keep my trusty Merkur DE.

Best regards,
Marc

Top Bottom