What's new

2nd shave with DE Razor last night (39C) and first time Feather shave

Depsite my previous "mole in the sink" experience the night before, i decided to not give it a rest and try a feather blade. I read all the warning here about a slant in combination with a feather, all the horrible stories about faces being shaved off, the respect i should have etc. et al.

Well, i unloaded the included Merkur blade, which i found rather rough even during my first shave and loaded the feather. Low and behold, it was a MUCH better shave than the night before. This time, the razor didn't scratch my face, it actually cut the hair effortlessly and without resistance as opposed to the Merkur blade.

All the warnings were unfounded about the Feather/39c Slant suicide machine. I personally found the combination to be rather smooth, effortless and much easier to use than the 39C with the merkur blade. Irritation was very low and i had not one cut whatsoever. I still have to work on my lathering technique and to steadily keep my shaving angle (seems to be my biggest problem so far) but all in all i can assure you that the feather is not anything to be afraid of and certainly worth trying, even as a newcomer like me.

Considering this was my second DE shave only so far, I am pretty satisfied with the results. Not BBS quite yet but it's getting close to it. I think the feather blade helped a lot actually and i must say i am now a little disappointed with the included Merkur blade that went straight into the garbage.

Congratulations. I think you are well on your way.

I also found the Merkur blades to be less than satisfactory and more than a little disappointing:sad:.

Nice work!!! I save my Merkur blades for Paint Scrapers.... and Gasket scraping when I feel the need to build a bigger and better engine to keep the tires in a cloud of....."SMOKE" for 1320 feet!!:cool:

Top Bottom