What's new

Wooden Handle Brushes

I have been looking at some wooden handled brushes that I like allot, right now I have a plastic handle and a terra cotta or "Redware" brushes. My question I guess would be do the wood handled brushes las as long as brushes made with more water resistant handles??

As long as the knot is kept dry and the wood handle is properly cared for, the brush will last you a long time.

I have another question with a wood handle brush can I store it by sitting it on it's end "Brush up" or do I have to hang it "brush down" ? With my other two brushes I have noticed that if I hang them the brush dosn't "fan out" as much .

I have another question with a wood handle brush can I store it by sitting it on it's end "Brush up" or do I have to hang it "brush down" ? With my other two brushes I have noticed that if I hang them the brush dosn't "fan out" as much .
A thread was recently posted about which was better to do. It appears that sitting it on its end, bristles up, is the way to go. When the water evaporates out of the brush, it completely dries, where as if the brush were hanging with bristles down, the water could not fully evaporate and there would still be moisture at the knot, which isn't good for the brush regardless of the handle material.

My father had a wood handled brush for many many years. He would put it back in the medicine cabinet (bristles up) after every use with no problems.

Top Bottom