What's new

Recommend a Shampoo/Conditioner ?

Its time to stock up my shower stall again ... I need shampoo and conditioner.

I'd like to stick with something commonly available at the drugstore, healthfood or supermarket. But something up-scale. Preferably unscented.

Products I've used in the recent past have been Jasons, American Crew, KMF, Suave, St. Ives, Herbal Essence ... and a ton of others. None of them were remarkable enough that I'd get them again after the bottle ran out.

Anybody have any brands they'd recommend?

Fructis gets another vote, but it's not unscented. It's very much scented, and on my hair, the scent sticks around.

I've gone back to Head & Shoulders Original. Works well, and while it does smell, the scent doesn't last.

I've gone back to Head & Shoulders Original. Works well, and while it does smell, the scent doesn't last.

Thats what I use. It gets the job done well and doesn't leave a strong scent behind. I'll leave that to an AS or cologne.

not upscale but very good:

Pert Plus

You can get it in many fragrances (as well as unscented, I believe) and with a level of conditioner that fits your needs.
Ill try to find the blind test results that proved to me this was a quality product and post them......

For all you guys recommending Garnier Fructis, which product line(s) are you using? They have nearly a dozen by my count. Just curious.

Not unscented but GREAT:

- Fructis

- Got2be Squeaky Clean Shampoo and Got2be Instant Gratifying Conditioner

Not unscented, but mild, herbal natural scent (and perform great too:

- ThickerFullerHair shampoos and conditioners

I haven't tried it but I would think MWF shampoo would be lightly/unscented. I'll be adding this to the cart next time I buy the bar soap.

I bought some of the new gillette shampoo. I got the cooling clean formula. It has little scent and peppermint in it to invigorate your scalp. In a nutshell, I love it. It is cheap ($4) and it works great. My hair isn't greasy by the end of the day and my thinning hair has enough body to cover my noggin.

Tim

Top Bottom