What's new

Not Hot Enough with Aeropress?

Aeropress experts please offer up advice if you can.

I have been using my Aeropress for two days now and while I absolutely agree that it makes a silky smooth, rich cup of coffee I can't seem to make a cup that's hot enough for my liking.

I am bringing water to a boil and then waiting about 30 seconds before adding to the coffee.

I am pre-warming my mug with hot tap water

I like an Americano in the mornings so I am microwaving my milk until it is slightly too hot to drink.

But.....by the time the process is complete my coffee is merely luke warm.

Suggestions??

Thanks.

I use a kettle to boil water, pour the required amount into the aeropress and put it back on the stove with remaining water. Finish the aeropress process and then add the water from the kettle to top off the coffee in my mug. Not sure but isn't Americano just black coffee and not coffee with milk?

If you want it hotter then zap it in the microwave after it's prepared. Coffee made with the Aeropress keeps very well when refrigerated and reheats nicely without devoloping off flavors like coffee made by other methods does.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The Aeropress makes an Americano. You may be using too much water in the device. The object is to get a nice, concentrated shot into your cup, after which you may top off with water just off the boil.

Press your coffee into an insulated (Thermos) mug.

Your technique looks sound (same as how I prepare mine :biggrin:) but I must say, if you are looking to keep your java hot you need a travel / insulated / thermos mug or it will be at room temp before you know it.

Thanks all for the suggestions. I picked up an insulated mug yesterday so I think that will help. I also had my terminology wrong. I'm not making an Americano.....I guess I'm actually making a Latte as I am adding hot milk to my coffee.

I'll try topping off with hot water just off the boil first and then *less* milk.

Thanks again!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Now get out there and photograph your Aeropress, preferably being held by a suitable "muse". :001_rolle

Top Bottom