What's new

Do I need a mug? v. Col.Conk

I purchased a puck of Col.Conk Lime from Lee's razors. My first soap. :w00t: Do I need to get a mug to drop this guy in, or will it be good in the little plastic container?

Pro's / Con's of either decision?

The little plastic package will work fine, but you make a terrible mess when lathering ... get a mug or bowl or some other vessel to keep the puck in.

I had one of these, put the soap and warmed it for 10-15 sec in microwave. Please, watch the soap when it heats and leave the microwave on the low power. You can also leave it in hot water and watch it when it melts (I prefer this method). The size of the bowl is perfect to handle it and swirl the brush in. Good luck.

Another example here.

The little plastic package will work fine, but you make a terrible mess when lathering ... get a mug or bowl or some other vessel to keep the puck in.
I've got a bowl I use for lathering my Proraso. Am I supposed to be lathering right on the soap? :confused:

I've got a bowl I use for lathering my Proraso. Am I supposed to be lathering right on the soap? :confused:

aha!

Well you have several options:
1) Build lather right on top of the puck.
2) Load your brush with soap and then move to another bowl to make lather
3) Load your brush with soap and then move to your face to make lather
(there are probably 100 other ways, but these are the 3 most common).

Loading your brush with soap can be a messy affair, which is why I recommended dropping your puck in a mug or bowl (provides a little more room to work and prevents some overflow). I tried loading a brush from the Col. Conk plastic container once and had soap all over the place.

Personally, I put all my soap pucks in their own bowl. And I use method number 3.

aha!

Well you have several options:
1) Build lather right on top of the puck.
2) Load your brush with soap and then move to another bowl to make lather
3) Load your brush with soap and then move to your face to make lather
(there are probably 100 other ways, but these are the 3 most common).

Loading your brush with soap can be a messy affair, which is why I recommended dropping your puck in a mug or bowl (provides a little more room to work and prevents some overflow). I tried loading a brush from the Col. Conk plastic container once and had soap all over the place.

Personally, I put all my soap pucks in their own bowl. And I use method number 3.

I guess I'll see if I can pick up something cheap at Wal-mart tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.

I like to lather on top of the puck and take it to my face and I keep all of my pucks in the little cheap round plastic Ziploc containers from wally world.

They have some great big mugs/soup bowls at the Dollar Store.

Henry Firearms sent me a large coffee cup and I use that. I have used a regular coffee cup too.

Some guys get pucks and melt them into those glass bowls you can get lids for (Wal-Mart Anchor hocking I think) Then they can store them. I like the idea of using jelly jars. Some are nice and look like cut glass, and have a wide mouth. Plus the lid would have a rubber seal.

M

modern man

Drop it in a mug.

The plastic thing will turn in to junk and its more messy that way.

I also melt mine into a plastic Glad container. I cut out the Col Conk label (paper on plastic) and place it face down in the container, so when the soap re-hardens, I can check out the label and type from the bottom of the container. Useful when you have a bunch of other glycerin soaps that look similar.

Top Bottom