What's new

How much paste to put on?

I just got a tony miller paddle, and I applied the green chrome to one side of it. How is it supposed to look when its on there? I can see its lighter in some areas where its not as heavy? Or is it supposed to be a thick green coating? I thought I had too much, so I rubbed the surface real light with a cloth to even things up. Think I am good on this one? Ill post a pic later.

I have only pasted one strop and followed Tony's instructions. I used almost all of the paste he sent and ended up with a nice, uniform layer of paste. You want paste embedded in the leather, not sitting on top of it. I gather that once it has dried, the excess will flake off.

Here are the pics of my green side and my 1 micron side. The 1 micron paste showed up alot more than it looks on the strop itsself in the pics.
[/ATTACH]

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Dustin,
That looks like just the right amount. A thin transparant layer is all that is needed. Any excess with flake off and be wasted. The green chromium really needs to just be like a stain on the leather.

Tony

Hey Tony, I was just getting ready to email you and tell you how nice this strop is! I just used it to strop up my straight, and had a great shave. Really nice piece of work, I love it!

Top Bottom