What's new

Shaving accidents small and big

Hello,

I am wondering how long it takes for scratches, nicks and the like will disappear. Ofcourse it doesn't look pretty in the face. When shaving, especially with a bad blade and in the beginning, you may get a cut or two. Have any of you got permanent marks or will they all heal?

I've had a few cuts with my former blade (Dovo Cellidur) around the same area and now, almost 14 days later, it remains visible and looks like scratches. How long does it generally take for them to disappear?

Anyways... I received my new razor from TI and it feels much better, almost superior. Not only in grip, but also on my face. No more blood and a very smooth shave. Maybe the former razor wasn't that good for a comfortable shave afterall.

It depends on the damage done... what measures did you take to heal the wound?

Cleaning the cut with water (first warm to open up the pores and rinse the shavingsoap out, then cold water to close the pores again and hopefully stop the bleeding but this had no visible effect). Then used an alum block for stopping the bleeding, no effect aswell, so I sticked a piece of a tissue against it which remained for some hours, until a crust was formed. Afterwards I used Proraso aftershave creme (the one with vit. E and hazel) to moisturize the skin. It's now almost two weeks later but it still looks like a red scratch.

If they are really bad I suggest some neosporan or however you spell it after the wound has stopped bleeding. Also, especially when you are first going at it try to give your face a break especially after a rough shave. Keep at it though I had the same issues and now I love it.

If they are really bad I suggest some neosporan or however you spell it after the wound has stopped bleeding. Also, especially when you are first going at it try to give your face a break especially after a rough shave. Keep at it though I had the same issues and now I love it.

+1

Hey Smoke: How About You Stop Posting Until You Send The Razors To Those You Owe? We've Paid You Cash And You Refuse To Either Refund Us Or Respond To Our Emails. Don't Cheat Us, Smoke.

Little nicks usually take me 2 or 3 days to be pretty unnoticeable. My last cut (about a week ago) was pretty bad, and it's still on my face... looks like it'll be there through the weekend. I pretty much did what you did to clean it up, though the alum actually did stifle the crimson in my case.

Your personal skin type will also affect how long the cuts stay visible.

I'm sure my experience is not common, but I do have a 1 inch scar on my
left cheek from a mild accident. It was either a bad razor or blade (both of
which made it to the trash). The cut didn't look bad, but it didn't heal like
a clean cut would. I think a couple layers of skin were "planed" off and that's
why its a divot area now.

I'm sure this wouldn't happen to the average person, but I would say be
cautious and treat all cuts nicely.

Yes I still use a DE and love it! But I don't put up with any "scratchiness" from
my razor/blade combo anymore.

Top Bottom