What's new

Possible future US distributor of Irisch Moos products

Good morning. Here is an email I sent this morning to Qualilty King Distributors, on the advice of Maeurer & Wirtz (Manufacturer of Tabac and Irisch Moos products).

Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 7:18 AM
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: FW: Irisch Moos Shaving Cream/Soap

November 11, 2008
Dear Quality King Distributors, Inc.:

This is to ask if you will consider making the Irisch Moos product line available to consumers in the USA. There are a number of people here who enjoy and purchase Tabac products from Maeurer & Wirtz, in Germany, including Tabac fragrances and men's shaving products. In response to an inquiry I sent, Maeurer & Wirtz has suggested that I should contact your office to ask if you will consider adding Irisch Moos products to your product line. I have attached the response below, that I received from Stefanie Heupel at Maeurer and Wirtz. Thank you for your kind consideration. Respectfully, Gary Goff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 4:29 AM
To: Gary Goff
Subject: AW: Irisch Moos Shaving Cream/Soap

Dear Mr. Goff,

Thank you very much for your email and your interest in our products.

However, we regret to inform you that our line Sir Irisch Moos is not available in the US so far. But please feel free to contact out our distribution partner to inform them about your interest in this line:

Quality King Distributors Inc.
1095 Long Island Avenue
Deer Park
New York 11729
USA

phone: +1 6313962602

Best regards,

Stefanie Heupel
- International Sales -
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Gary Goff [mailto:[email protected]]
Gesendet: Freitag, 7. November 2008 20:19
An: [email protected]
Betreff: Irisch Moos Shaving Cream/Soap

Please advise how I can place an order for the Irisch Moos shaving products.

Gary Goff, Oklahoma City, OK, 73142 USA

[email protected]

Thank you for your assistance.

MAEURER & WIRTZ GmbH & Co. KG, Zweifaller Strasse 120, 52224 Stolberg, HRA 5587 Amtsgericht Aachen,
persoenlich haftende Gesellschafterin MAEURER & WIRTZ Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH, HRB 11265 Amtsgericht Aachen,
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Dr. Hermann Wirtz, Bert Lehnen

Hope this works out. I will be sorely upset when all of you start raving about your moos, and I won't be able to purchase any because I chose not to be an early buyer.

Interesting. The info about the U.S. distributor is more than many of us got from Stephanie when we sent similar emails. Perhaps M&W is starting to take our demand for the Moos a bit more seriously! Nice work brothers!

Gents, sorry to be the party pooper but it seems premature to get vendors involved in future orders until we have received our initial order. We need to evaluate the product and decide whether it's worth reording or recommending to other shavers. I can honestly say that I am more curious than excited about this product.

Gents, sorry to be the party pooper but it seems premature to get vendors involved in future orders until we have received our initial order. We need to evaluate the product and decide whether it's worth reording or recommending to other shavers. I can honestly say that I am more curious than excited about this product.

I agree with your cautious approach entirely, Austin. However, though I'm just one data point, I have shaved with the stuff and found it on par with Tabac in lathering/protection and better (to my sniffer) in scent (though still strongly scented, to be sure). My more thorough first-shave thoughts are here. Frankly, I think it's worth the excitement, particularly for those who routinely use Tabac.

I agree with your cautious approach entirely, Austin. However, though I'm just one data point, I have shaved with the stuff and found it on par with Tabac in lathering/protection and better (to my sniffer) in scent (though still strongly scented, to be sure). My more thorough first-shave thoughts are here. Frankly, I think it's worth the excitement, particularly for those who routinely use Tabac.

Thanks Chad. I look forward to more reviews about this product.

As you quite appropriately said, we, collectively, not a few of us, need to evaluate the product and we, not a few, get to decide whether it's worth reordering and recommending to other shavers. Respectfully therefore, please recommend a reorder so the ones who were omitted from the small group purchase can have a chance to place an order also. I know it was a lot of work for a bunch of guys, but we are customers and enthusiasts also, and if offered, we'd work too, I'm certain. Given the opportunity, I'll be very pleased to buy a stick or two and evaluate the daylights out of it. I went out and found myself a tube of the cream, they didn't have any soap or sticks, and still don't. I found it, bought it, and evaluated it. I'd love the opportunity to try out a stick. What's the status of the evaluation?

As you quite appropriately said, we, collectively, not a few of us, need to evaluate the product and we, not a few, get to decide whether it's worth reordering and recommending to other shavers. Respectfully therefore, please recommend a reorder so the ones who were omitted from the small group purchase can have a chance to place an order also. I know it was a lot of work for a bunch of guys, but we are customers and enthusiasts also, and if offered, we'd work too, I'm certain. Given the opportunity, I'll be very pleased to buy a stick or two and evaluate the daylights out of it. I went out and found myself a tube of the cream, they didn't have any soap or sticks, and still don't. I found it, bought it, and evaluated it. I'd love the opportunity to try out a stick. What's the status of the evaluation?

150 sticks were ordered. West Coast was cool enough to take some risk and pick up extras to cover folks that missed out on the order sign-up. Having done a group buy before, that is a very good sized buy to manage and a very good amount of users to contribute feedback for a relatively unknown product. Consensus is great but I'm sorry - You can't simply recommend that a reorder take place because a subset of folks missed out and expect it to happen.

As for status - no one has gotten a stick yet. It will be pretty obvious when the sticks start shipping and folks start checking this stuff out. There will be posts aplenty, posts galore.

I stand corrected. Even though that really wasn't a clear reflection of my train of thought, that is indeed what I wrote. I communicated badly, and my language suggesting that a reorder be recommended just so some who didn't participate is unquestionably a silly remark. You made a good point.

However, I did go find and purchase a tube and I thought I did a pretty decent job of my review of the shaving cream.

Thanks for your response to my question about the evaluation process. I am looking forward to seeing what everybody else has to say.

Thanks to B&B for being involved in this in the first place.

I stand corrected. Even though that really wasn't a clear reflection of my train of thought, that is indeed what I wrote. I communicated badly, and my language suggesting that a reorder be recommended just so some who didn't participate is unquestionably a silly remark. You made a good point.

However, I did go find and purchase a tube and I thought I did a pretty decent job of my review of the shaving cream.

Thanks for your response to my question about the evaluation process. I am looking forward to seeing what everybody else has to say.

Thanks to B&B for being involved in this in the first place.

I read your review of the cream and it was great. Keep 'em coming we can always use more good reviews! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom