What's new

Talk to me about Matcha....

A while ago I was afforded the opportunity to attend a tea cerimony (possibly one of the most beautiful and culturally awkward things I've done since coming to Japan, but thats another story) and absolutely fell in love with Matcha.

While I am living here, I figure now would be a great time to pick stuff up without having to mail order too much. While I am sure you could just make matcha with a whisk and a big coffee cup..you could also shave with a disposable "Good News" razor. In that spirit, what sort of things do I need? What should I be looking for in terms of equipment, product, and quality?

Culturally akward? Try joining them for a shrine festival where you wear a fundoshi(basically what sumos wear) and carry a shrine for two hours.

I believe you nee a bamboo whisk, matcha, and a tea bowl. I will consult my friends who are in tea ceremony club though and get back to you.

Ha ha, I think I am getting roped into something like this for the Sapporo Ice Festival this February. Thanks for looking into this.

You might have to dig pretty deep: after I posted, I went through several pages of the most recent threads here and didn't find it. These ladies really like to chat it up in their little teahouse, I guess. :wink:

I think it was within the last seven days...

Top Bottom