Thread: Does Rose Water Smell?

Default Does Rose Water Smell?

Just returned from Body & Bath Works where I took the opportunity to sample co bigelow triple rose water skin tonic. It had no aroma to me!! Even the bottle said "unscented"!! Thought rose water/hydrosols had some aroma. Am I smeller-deprived? Wanted to check out the rose water because I had thought about getting some, but now I seriously wonder if it would be worth it. Even tried co bigelow witch hazel; again, zero aroma.

Default Yes it does

My wife uses Rose Water in cooking (very traditional in baklava and Turkish Delight) and the one she uses has a very strong aroma of roses. I am not sure if the toiletry version loses it scent for some reason but the Cortas brand she uses smells good.
    ~Z

Exclamation

Unscented rose water sounds like nonsense to me. IMHO, the whole point of even having rose water is the rose scent.

Tim
    "Life is like this long line, except at the end there ain't no merry-go-round." - Arthur on The King of Queens
    [URL="http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php/User:Ratcheer"]My Shaving Stuff[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by ratcheer View Post
    Unscented rose water sounds like nonsense to me. IMHO, the whole point of even having rose water is the rose scent.

Tim
    I have to agree. I use Trumpers Rose Skin Food for occasional dryness, but more often for the great scent.
    Jim

Images

The rose waters I have used did have a scent. AOS has a rose water that smells delicious.

Rose water should always have a distinct scent. If it doesn't, then someone is skimping on quality, or lying.
    Dominic