What's new

SOTD Nov 10 - Nov 16, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henry, the razor is very nice! and one i've yet to see... most likely the reason im still hacking away at my face some days

That straight has as much as anything to do with my conversion from DE to straights. I saw it and knew I had to be able to use it.

Have the shaves improved at all for you?

Rolls Razor with Sheffield blade
Vulfix #2234
Mama Bear's Lime soap
Thayer's Lavender WH
Citrocol Light Lime Cologne AS
Nivea Sensitive Skin ASB
T&H 1805 Cologne

Hot shower
Weleda cream during shower
Castle Forbes pre-shave at end of shower
Shavemac custom 2007 forum D01 brush
Merkur Progress w/ Derby blade
QED Sandalwood soap + Coates Sandalwood cream
WWR
Tabac A/S splash
CWR
AOS Sandalwood balm + Mama Bear's Peppermint/Menthol milk
T&H Spanish Leather EdT

Sunday:
Shavmac Silvertip
Tryphon's Lime Cream
1940's SS with Swede(Day 2)
Alum block
Thayer's Superhazel
Touch of Lemon Oil
Osage Rub

Proraso pre during shower

Merkur 38C ------------------------------ Hello old friend :001_smile
Feather day 1 ---------------------------- Need I say more ? :thumbup:
B&B E ------------------------------------- This is my best brush so far but it drinks like a camel and eats like a horse. :blush:
Tabac SS --------------------------------- Finally back to Tabac :c9:
Boosters Oriental Spice AS ------------- Love the scent and mixed with Tabac SS is something unusual but good. :cool:
Results are a DFS.

todays EDT choice is brought to you by Avon, ( The beauty store that comes to you! ). Introducing.... Black Suede !! A choice of excited young teen boys across America ( from 1982 - 1988 anyway ). The young Ladies like it IF used properly. :wink:[/QUOT

yes....I remember Black Suede!!!!!!

'60 Super Speed
Polsilver (Day 1)
Tweezerman Pure Badger
Speick shave stick
ARKO Sport AS Gel

I'm traveling so an evening shave to pass some time. Started with a hot towel. Very nice. Then I grabbed my Speick shave stick which I had been saving for just such an occasion and went to work. Perhaps it was a combination of the new soap and the brush I haven't used in ages but I did not get a slick enough lather. Application of my AS revealed some irritation on the right side of my face. I guess I need more practice with this particular soap or with the brush. I'll probably use one of the creams in the morning because that is harder to "screw up".

My Chubby 2 really spoils me. The Tweezerman felt simply barbaric on my face. I suppose I need to find a softer travel brush that is reasonably priced (Omega perhaps?).

Sunday

Merkur Long Handled Classic / Red Personna
Rooney Heritage Alibaba 1
Pre de Provence Shaving Soap
Moss Scuttle
Booster's June Clover A/S
Cool Water Edt

Hot shower
SCS Morocco Soap
Gillette Slim Adjustable set on 3
Dorco ST-301 day 1
WTG, XTG, ATG
SCS Sandalwood Splash
Creed Bois de Portugal

A great shave and I feel like a million bucks!

Shower / Irisch Moos SS / Savile Row 3824 / Progress / Dorco (1) / WWR / CWR / Roseway Barbershop AS / SCS Nutriment AS Gel (thanks burnwood!)

First day with the Moos sample. Shaved as advertised, just like Tabac except with a different scent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom