What's new

The most used tool in my shave den.

Its not a razor. Its not a brush. Its not any type of soap or cream or ASB.

Can you guess what it is?

Its a MIRROR. One of those reversible 1x/3x flip-arounds with a handle that will either sit propped on the counter, hang on the wall, or held in the hand.

It was only $1.30, and I bought it on impulse. Since then, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't look at my beard several times each day. Once, before the shave, to see what my stubble looks like and help me decide which creams and blades to employ ... or if I even need to shave at all. Then, I check several times during the shave to see how I'm doing and find any spots I've missed. Finally, after the ASB goes on, to see the final result.

You're probably thinking "Wait ... I've already got a mirror hanging on the wall over the sink." But that mirror is at least 2 feet away from you, and your reflection is another 2 feet into the mirror. So you're looking at yourself from 4 feet away.

With a mirror like I just described, you can bring that image up close and personal. And its MAGNIFIED. Holding the mirror 6 inches from your face, and magnifying it 3x, the image is about 24 times larger. You will see details that you can't see from 4 feet away, and you can't feel them by hand.

Plus, its a great boon to those of us that wear glasses, and don't want to get lather and soap all over the lenses and frames.

If you don't have one already, go buy it. Any small, magnified mirror will do better than what's on your wall. They're available at every drugstore and supermarket, so you can add it to your shaving arsenal right away.

It will give you a much better understanding of what's happening to your skin.

One of the 1x/3x flip-arounds is the only mirror we have in the bathroom. I, too, use it every day, shaving by the light of the single light bulb hanging from the ceiling by its wires. Sort of a dungeon-shaving experience, except with fancy products. :biggrin:

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Its not a razor. Its not a brush. Its not any type of soap or cream or ASB.

Can you guess what it is?

Its a MIRROR. One of those reversible 1x/3x flip-arounds with a handle that will either sit propped on the counter, hang on the wall, or held in the hand.

***I agree. I use the three x the most of any shave item. Does that mean I'm a narcissist? ***

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
My most used item is the sink. Boy, does that get a lot of use.

Hmmmmm...Interesting...Personally I just don't want to see my face that close up///morning,,noon,,,,or night!!!:wink:

Interesting observation but, when you get a little older, you may decide that you'd really rather not see that much detail of your face . . . four feet away is quite close enough, thank you. :001_rolle

Regards,
Tom

Top Bottom