What's new

First Shave with slim adjustable.!

Hello everyone.

I started DE finally and today I had my first shave with a slim adjustable.

So, I after I showered, I lather up my mod. VDH soap. The mod involves melting the soap (I used the double boil method, but the microwave works too). I added some olive oil and some caster oil. I wanted to add a sent to the soap as well, so I took one of my musky colonage that I hardly every used, and give it about 5 spray into the soap. I mixed everything together in a small "bowl" that I had and let it cool. Done, sent soap. The smell is pretty good, and stays in the soap. Note: I made the soap about two days again, and the smell is still good. Not too strong, but you can tell its there. :001_smile

Anyones, now on to the shave. First pass XTG. Then I found it wasn't doing much, so I set the slim to 3. Again, lather face, and did a XTG. Then re-lather face. This time, ATG. Note: I had to play with my blade angle a few times during the shave. I noticed the flatter (not completely flat) the razor head is to the skin, the closer it will shave.

Results: I looked in the mirror after washing my face. It looks so much better. No bumps, or redness. Its more skin colored too. Note: when I shave with the disposible, my skin is a little darker due to the hair still slightly visible above the skin. This time, much reduction in terms of visibility of the hair after the shave. In terms of touch, there are a few areas that is completely smooth. A few areas, not so smooth. One of the area, I forgot to shave after the first pass. But over all, the results were great. After I put lotion on my face, no sting or pain.

DE and wet shaving gives good results so far.

:001_smile

I recently started using my Fatboy for the first time after many months of trying every other Gillette I have laying around. My first shave was on 5, a good shave with some very minor irritation. I turned it down to 3 and have not used another razor since!!...Except on my melon...that is reserved for the Slant.

Keep up the good work!!!

I started DE with my 63 SS but ever since I bought my 64 Slim Adjustable from Eric *board member here*, I set that beast to 6 with either a Astra, Derby Extra or even the Ill Red Pack Personna *Walmart*, this razor basically replaced my SS.. I have not touched my SS in over 2 weeks...

Top Bottom