What's new

I need a scale

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I received some sample Haiwan mini tuos with my last order. These things are supposed to be 5g, but they look really small compared to the amount of leaf I'm accustomed to using. I think I've been using an amount equal to about three of these. :eek:

I'm going to have to do things a bit more scientifically in the future. Anyone try these?

I will be watching this thread, I have used kitchen scales up to now but I think they may be a little less than accurate considering how composted some of my shu has been tasting recently.

I received some sample Haiwan mini tuos with my last order. These things are supposed to be 5g, but they look really small compared to the amount of leaf I'm accustomed to using. I think I've been using an amount equal to about three of these. :eek:

I'm going to have to do things a bit more scientifically in the future. Anyone try these?

Send it to me, I can weigh it to the nearest 0.00000 grams.

Being a science teacher, I have access to a number of electronic scales. They are quite handy to have so I have one at home as well. I use exactly 35g of coffee each day, I record the mass of my pet birds, I use to accurately weigh out servings, etc... Much better than the typical kitchen spring scale.

But then again, I have walked into a hobby store carrying electronic balances and calipers because I am on the search for very specific density balsa wood for aircraft....

Try picking up a scale used for ammunition reloading. Something like this. You can get them on the bay for pretty cheap. (manual scales are cheaper than the digital ones). They measure in grains rather than grams, but it is easy enough to convert (5 grams = 77 grains). They will be a lot more accurate than any kitchen scale for small weights.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Being a science teacher, I have access to a number of electronic scales. They are quite handy to have so I have one at home as well. I use exactly 35g of coffee each day, I record the mass of my pet birds, I use to accurately weigh out servings, etc...

So when you use the bathroom at somber coyote's house, remember to get a receipt.

Thanks, Doug Adams!

I record the mass of my pet birds, I use to accurately weigh out servings, etc... Much better than the typical kitchen spring scale.

To clarify... I do not use the pet birds as servings.. That should have been two sentences. I measure the birds to keep track of their health. I measure my food servings to help me keep my health. I know.. it is anal, but having lost 100 pounds, I will be anal.

BTW: Thanks ouch, I didn't know I was worried about the combined erosional effects of space travelers. Maybe I should be looking at some of the other recent threads...

Hey Jay. I remembered the girls over on "the whisk"(soapers forum) highly recommending the My Weigh scales. They all bought most of their stuff from either http://www.affordablescales.com/
or http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/

I will warn you now, the choices are staggering. I think the model the soapers used the most was the My Weigh KD600. This will do either lbs or grams and it will do quite a lot of weight too. I think the calibration is good enough to weigh down to fractions of grams and it has a tare feature. I like a tare feature on a scale. You add your measuring vessel and hit tare. The scale re zeros and you keep adding ingredients or whatever and hit tare each time. Nice way to get exact measurements when baking. Plus one on gun powder scales too if you are doing only finely measured items. Those scales are VERY exacting.

Regards, Todd

But then again, I have walked into a hobby store carrying electronic balances and calipers because I am on the search for very specific density balsa wood for aircraft....

Cool! I walk into backpacking supply places with a scale, too, being a backpacking gram-weenie.

If you want cheap, try those shops where people sell ...cough... grass... cough, smoking accessories. They probably have balances designed for that range.

I've used 50g and 100g escali Liberta models happily enough.
Bought some glass petri dishes on the 'bay to keep the tea from running all over the place.

Top Bottom