What's new

Pulling the skin with a DE

I used to try using my hand to pull the skin, but I did get several ingrown hairs under my jaw line (which I never got even when using multi-blade disposables). I've found that turning my head far in one direction and looking upward, to move the skin over the jaw line upward over the jaw bone, is enough stretching. I no longer get ingrowns when I do this. I also turn my head to get the skin on my neck to stretch a little, which seems to work fine.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I do this for each pass. I think keeping the skin taut allows the blade to be kept at the optimum cutting angle, without the skin bunching up in front of the blade.

The only skin pulling I do is of the "funny faces" variety. It seems to work well, no ingrown hairs or other problems.
Edit: Except for the Adam's apple: I pull the skin which is on top of the Adam's apple to the side of it to shave it.

The only skin pulling/tugging I do is to get around the adams apple. To much skin strecthing for me will cause ingrowns.

Ok,

I make funny faces too, thanks guys. I tried pulling a little when I did diagonal jawl ine pass today, worked fine.

Top Bottom