What's new

Shaving Essentials

Props to Shaving Essentials (whatever that means, but I think it's good). I've had the pleasure of dealing with John recently on a couple of orders and the experience has been very enjoyable. All the way down to the hand written thank you notes included in the orders. What class!

Ah, Thanks--Proper Respect; Proper Recognition

I haven't tried their aftershave. Oh well, I'll put it on my list for next time.
Last order was some Derby Blades and some Col Conk Soaps. Col Conk were the soaps that I started Mug and Brush shaving with and used exclusively for years so I have a soft place in my heart for them. They are good quality, smell nice and lather well, and they're cheap. I don't see why there isn't more of a buzz over them.

Just got a Merkur slant and some Wesley and Scott Lime A/S balm from them. As usual they went out of their way and threw in 3 samples and a pack of Derby's for no extra charge. Best of all is the personalized, hand written thank you note. Classy, very classy. They will always have my business.

Just got my first puck of Tabac from them. Fast shipping, free samples, and the hand written note! Yeah, they will be getting much more business from me. I found Tabac to be as great as everyone says it is. I think it will be my everyday soap! Thanks for the great service!!

Thank you for telling us about this company ! They have most of the soaps and cremes that are talked about on this forum. Now I don't have to go searching for them.

does this site take mastercard? i only see a paypal button.

They do take credit cards for payment, but you might have to do it through paypal. You may be able to call them with your payment info if you don't want to set up a paypal account but if you are planning to do any transactions in the BST forum, having a paypal account is very convenient.

send john.crissman a PM and he can tell you first hand.

I'd like to hear some feedback over the Col Conk AS's. I've asked in a few other threads but didn't get much response. I'm thinking not too many use them. They seem a bit high in price when compared to some other fine AS's. Anybody?

And yes, shaving essentials have a good selection. They sent out some free hair tonic samplers a while back that my kids promptly stole from me. Good gents.

I too have wondered about The Colonel's Aftershave. I really like the smell of their Bayrum soap and have been tempted to try the aftershave. I remember seeing a report that their aftershave is ok but there is better available for the money. I'll post in the aftershave forum and see if I get any bites.
I've been very pleased with the smell and performance of all of Col Conk's soaps. Amber and Bayrum are my favorites.
As a side note--I had a wonderful shave last night: Col Conk's Bayrum Soap, Derby Blade (corked for a change) with a Slim on 5, and Booster's Bayrum Aftershave. Soap, blade, aftershave all courtesy of Shaving Essentials.

Top Bottom