What's new

My temple of Shave, and some before & after pics (dial-up beware, huge pics)

Here we go, my bathroom of hot lather love. You can't really see the Illinois strop hiding under the counter to the right of the sink, but it's there. The wood and the leather are very similar in color. You might notice the brass clamp.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Gotta love the drawer of more goodies :thumbup:
proxy.php

And as a treat for enduring these giant photos....a picture of me before B&B, and after! :shaving:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Nice job Steve !
How is that Bigelow shave cream? I don't belive I have seen that reviewed.

Thanks, I'm still trying to get used to this camera, and it's weird flash/metering quirks (Nikon Coolpix L3)...I guess my old Canon S100 Elph spoiled me.

The particular weird quirk is how you cannot control the exposure time, the camera picks what it likes...so I have to learn to compensate for that.

I may end up using some printer paper as a flash diffuser (very old photographic trick of mine, these were just quick and dirty pics) to get rid of all the flash artifacts and re-post them at a later date.

The bigelow is a bit better lather than the regular proraso (it's made by Proraso), but is less cooling to the skin, and slightly less lubricating. I like the lower lubrication though, since I can actually pull my skin tight with it, unlike the proraso green.

Very nice Steve!

Your stuff is arranged very neatly. I was wondering what that clear bottle next to the clock is for? It looks a bit like an Orangina bottle...have you been using that as a shaving product?:wink:

Cheers,

catatonic said:
The bigelow is a bit better lather than the regular proraso (it's made by Proraso), but is less cooling to the skin, and slightly less lubricating. I like the lower lubrication though, since I can actually pull my skin tight with it, unlike the proraso green.

Oh really..

I, at first, didn't see the proraso at Target, then saw in Body & Bath Works(or whatever it's called) the bigelow was made by proraso so I bought it thinking it was the same, but repackaged.

Good, now I have an excuse to buy a tube of proraso at Target :)

p.s. In my last post I was just being a smart-arse

catatonic said:
Thanks, I'm still trying to get used to this camera, and it's weird flash/metering quirks (Nikon Coolpix L3)...I guess my old Canon S100 Elph spoiled me.

The particular weird quirk is how you cannot control the exposure time, the camera picks what it likes...so I have to learn to compensate for that.

I may end up using some printer paper as a flash diffuser (very old photographic trick of mine, these were just quick and dirty pics) to get rid of all the flash artifacts and re-post them at a later date.

Very nice setup! For pulling the skin, try using a damp wash cloth!

Randy

dszpiro said:
Very nice Steve!

Your stuff is arranged very neatly. I was wondering what that clear bottle next to the clock is for? It looks a bit like an Orangina bottle...have you been using that as a shaving product?:wink:

Cheers,

Yep, it's a bottle of Aranacita (San Pellegrino's orange soda, made with real orange, absolutely fantastic stuff....better than beer in my opinion). I use it for adding hot water to the lather. I found it a bit better control than using either the brush or the tap directly.

As for my organizaton...I'm a real stickler for things being just right. You had to see the look on my mom's face when she came over to visit, and I got some new speakers...I had the tape measure out and rearrainged my living room around the speakers :biggrin:

....I guess my inner perfectionist shows.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
catatonic said:
As for my organizaton...I'm a real stickler for things being just right. You had to see the look on my mom's face when she came over to visit, and I got some new speakers...I had the tape measure out and rearrainged my living room around the speakers :biggrin:

....I guess my inner perfectionist shows.

Although I've been permanently banned from using the "A" word (long story involving a stapler and stitches to my forehead:001_tt1: ), I have to say that you have one very neat setup. I can only imagine how much stuff you'd have if you shaved your entire face. :001_tongu

I used a laser transit to set up my speakers. Once you have everything dialed in, a good tip is to mark the floor with Scotch tape. Saves a ton of effort should you ever have to move your speakers.

Nice set up.

I think you might need some work with your technique for under the nose and chin area, as there seems to be a fair bit of stubble left:biggrin:

Suzuki said:
Nice set up.

I think you might need some work with your technique for under the nose and chin area, as there seems to be a fair bit of stubble left:biggrin:

I really think he clipped his beard and pasted it on his chest.:biggrin:

Nice setup, Steve. I've actually used the "cotton jar" like a covered bowl to build lather with soap, although now I use a ceramic bowl, too.

Heh, that cotton jar was originally used to hold a soap cake. Once I bought a decent mug, I reassigned it to holding my Q-tips.

Yep, that redness was from just shaving a half hour before. Until I get my shaves under a half hour, I am shaving in the evenings instead. I screwed up on my stropping agian. Ah well, those are the lessons a newbie must learn.

Heh, I can't help being super hairy either....one of my past girlfriends told me I would probably end up so hairy once I become middle aged that sasquatch would take pictures of me :tongue:

Top Bottom