What's new

Historic Vote

if need be please lock this thread if it is not deemed appropriate.

I find it interesting that we are making such a big deal over the historic voter turn out. I would be much happier with an all time low voter turn out if all those voters were educated on the issues, and voted because they looked more in depth at each candidate. What spurs this is something I over heard walking to class. A girl in front of me was talking to a friend and told her that she really hasnt been paying attention and really doesnt know much about the election but is voting for a candidate because everyone seems to like him. I had trouble not smacking this girl (Something I do not condone and do not do). I pray that one day people with set their emotions aside and go to the polls with a rational head on their shoulders and have thought for themselves. I believe that Politics have become glamorized here in America and in doing so have strayed away from what is at the core of our government.

A girl in front of me was talking to a friend and told her that she really hasnt been paying attention and really doesnt know much about the election but is voting for a candidate because everyone seems to like him. I had trouble not smacking this girl (Something I do not condone and do not do).

Sounds like a great opportunity to engage in a thoughtful conversation with said girl. :cool:

I respect a person that has a different view than mine that has taken the time and effort to educate themself on an issue. If he/she is voting for or against a candidate based on what a candidate says they are going to do or what some talking head says a candidate is going to do I consider the person a fool.

With the veracity of most candidates being nonexistent, words and promises mean nothing and past actions mean everything.

Top Bottom