What's new

mach 3

this might sound a silly question?
i'm waiting on a merkur 38c to arrive so i'm still using my mach 3 i'm making two passes every shave''' because the mach has three blades does that mean six passes i have only started using extra passes since joining the forum but still 5 o clock shadow at 3 ( maybe cause the clocks went back)

No, to my knowledge (and personal experience) it does not equal 6 passes but you will hear otherwise (and apparently have already). If I need to use two passes with my Mach3 or Fusion my face is BBS almost every time with no irritation or regrets. I have yet to get BBS with as many as 4 passes using a DE, and have experienced razor burn more than once.

My opinion is that the Mach3 is a great razor, so is the Fusion. Both have given me years of very close/comfortable shaves.

I like the both methods (DE and cartridge) and still use both every day, one for my head (cartridge) and one for my face (DE).

I also believe that 80% of a great shave is in prep and product leaving a generous 20% to skill and the razor.

I'm curious what products and prep you are using when you shave.

hair conditioner
hot towel
trumper's sandalwood soap
pure badger brush
alum block
spanish floid

Top Bottom