What's new

Honeybee Soap

Her coconut is awesome. As a matter of fact all of her scents are awesome. Check the review section. There's an extensive write up of HBS scents.

I asked this very question about a month ago. Here you go. A couple words about HBS. It is a fantastic clay based soap. I'm putting it at my number 2 or 3 favorite right now. Very slick, very close shave. However I ordered the lilac and have been suffering a mild burn sensation around my mouth and cheeks. Discussions w/ Sue have clued me in to the fact that many of us suffer reactions from floral based FO's. I do not have sensitive skin btw. She is currently sending me a puck of her unscented that I will mill and combine w/ the lilac to cut it down a bit. She also advised me to keep the lid off my tub for awhile to allow the scent to dissipate. You may want to avoid all this trouble by not ordering her florals. Also do not, repeat do not, use the parcel post mailing option on her website. It took almost three weeks for my package to arrive. She was real good and very apologetic about it plus that's not really her fault anyway. It's just a slow postal method. Good luck. You'll enjoy this product.

Eagle, thanks for the heads up. I don't have sensitive skin either but I got the same redness/burning around my mouth and cheeks from a floral cream recently. Thanks also to everyone for the info on the scents.

FWIW: FOs seem to cause more problem than EOs. That is not to say that a particular EO won't cause you a problem.

I just got three of her soaps the other day. Ye Olde Barbershop, Oakmoss, and Cherry Pipe Tobacco. Unfortunately, I've been fighting a cold or sinus infection and can't smell anything.

HBS Jasmine is not just my favorite HBS soap; it's my favorite soap, period. It is simply out of this world. Smells just like a Hawaiian lei. I'm also a huge fan of HBS Sandalwood Vanilla and Eucalyptus Spearmint.

Dave

UPDATE: Received the puck of unscented in the mail today. I cut the lilac and plain in halves. I milled half of each and melted half of each together. Shaved with the milled version tonight. This did the trick. No more redness or burn. An ever so mild as to hardly be noticed sting in the mustache area but barely noticeable and gone once the lather was removed. So this trick saved my lilac soap. Oh yeah and the scent is still there strong as ever. I love fresh lilac so it's great I could salvage and use this product.

Update: I bought Bay Rum, Coconut Lime Verbena,Cedar Amber,Eucalyptus Spearmint,Mayan Gold, and Yuzu. Couldn't pass up the the great deal if you buy 6

Top Bottom