What's new

Provence Sante after-logne

I was at Merz Apothecary in Chicago over the weekend where I noticed Provence offered an aftershave and a cologne in Verlaine & Green Tea. well since I have the Verlaine shave cream I thought I would pick up an aftershave or a cologne to go with it. But which? so I asked the nice Lady behind the counter the dif. between the aftershave and the cologne.Her responce ,"they are the same but different"left me a bit corn-fused. Can anyone out there actually know the real difference? I ended up geting one of each

Of all the asinine answers from inadequately informed sales people, that is up there. It is accurate I suppose, but remarkably uninformative. Someone else can probably be more accurate than I. In the meantime, though:

Cologne is more stronger scented. It is probably just the scent oil mix in an alcohol suspension. Not meant to be applied to the face. It would just dry the skin, and might burn a bit, both from the alcohol, and the more concentrated scent oils. Just a bit applied on the chest, or wrists, or by the spray and walkthrough method or whatever.

Aftershave is usually less strongely scented, because more is used. Meant to be rubbed all over the face. I think that one is alcohol based, so it may look and seem a bit like the cologne. It probably has some various skin conditioning things in it, though, in addition to the alcohol and scent oils. Not likely to be terribly moisterizing though, so you might need a moisterizer or balm afterward.

Mink Scorpio said:
I was at Merz Apothecary in Chicago over the weekend where I noticed Provence offered an aftershave and a cologne in Verlaine & Green Tea. well since I have the Verlaine shave cream I thought I would pick up an aftershave or a cologne to go with it. But which? so I asked the nice Lady behind the counter the dif. between the aftershave and the cologne.Her responce ,"they are the same but different"left me a bit corn-fused. Can anyone out there actually know the real difference? I ended up geting one of each

the cologne is just that, cologne (alcohol, fragrance)

the aftershave splash has curative/healing ingredients, such as shea butter and witch hazel. plus fragrance. I should mention, that this splash by PS does NOT contain alcohol.

I have both cologne & aftershave in the Green Tea offering. Good stuff :thumbup:

TraderJoe said:
the cologne is just that, cologne (alcohol, fragrance)

the aftershave splash has curative/healing ingredients, such as shea butter and witch hazel. plus fragrance. I should mention, that this splash by PS does NOT contain alcohol.

I have both cologne & aftershave in the Green Tea offering. Good stuff :thumbup:

Ah, oops, I misspoke then about the alcholol. I kind of assumed it was an alcohol based on. I think the rest of my post is probably still fairly accurate though. Maybe.

moses said:
I think the rest of my post is probably still fairly accurate though. Maybe.

:yesnod: although I do find this splash to be rather moisturative on my person. In fact, using too much leaves the skin "gummy" similar feeling as to having too much balm on.

I have the cologne and aftershave in both scents. Great stuff. Some time ago I posted on the A/S

No alcohol in the aftershave - just witch hazel, shea butter and other goodies. lightly fragranced.

Top Bottom