What's new

Do you have a favorite DE Blade?

Do you have a favorite DE blade? Why?

Do everyone try every blade and see if it work or not? Does it make a close shave. Are these sharp or not too sharp? I read a reviews at this forum, and seem that the Derby's and Crystal are very popular and Personna Platium, I don't know to spell it, so anyway, this also it very good bald.

What do you think?

Chris

Feather.

I find they last longer, are more consistent, are far sharper than anything else on the market. They are the only blade I don't get quite a bit of tugging from.

However, this blade doesn't work for everyone, so YMMV, etc, etc, etc.

I'm still enjoying the adventure of trying a sampler pack. But so far of the premium-priced blades I find the erroneously-nicknamed "Swedes" (Gillette Platinum) give me the best, most comfortable shaves. Of the rest, I find most blades by Treet, especially the Trig-branded ones, the easiest to work with.

(As a counter, ones I won't be using again include Derbys, Dorcos and Merkurs, but YMMV as they say.)

Derbys for me and everyone I shave.

I will not post that mileage acronym as it does my brian in :rolleyes:

So, the distance you travel may hem and haw in comparison to other board members. TDYTMHAHICTOBM :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cheers

Mat

I just got back from a 10-day trip. I took along a dispenser of Gillette Swedes. I thought it was full, but it contained only 2 blades. I decided to stretch the first one as long as I could. It went the whole 10 days; only on day 9 did it pull a little, but all 10 shaves were smooth. I'm sure I could have gotten at least 2 more shaves out of it.

Feathers are sharper, but don't last nearly as long. From now on, I'm buying only these two brands unless something better comes along.

Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge (yellow pack). Nearly as sharp as a Feather, but seems to be more resistant to the hard water around here.

Gillette Swede, tried different blades until I found these. They do the best job for me. Shame about the price.

Crystals won out after my year-long blade testing extravaganza. That's for my face, though. YMMV. Feathers were sharpest, to be sure, but didn't last very long and, frankly, cost too much.

I like all the blades that letterk offers, though I haven't tried the Dorco. Favorite is the Red-Pack Personnas, closely followed by the Derby and the Crystal. I was an 'early adopter' of the Red-Pack, pre-dating Letterk's offering of this fine blade.

I also have a large quantity of NOS blades I regularly use, also.

WRT the SE GEMS/ER's, Pella blades are the only blade I use any more.

-- John Gehman

My overall favorite is the red pack personna followed closely by dorco 301's.

There are some higher priced blades that work great too, but for price / BBS shave I like those two.

I have been none to pimp for my Red Personna Blade.
It just does a fantastic job. Every part of the package and goods is recyclable.
The 30 or so packs look good in my case.

I used to prefer Crystals; now I favor the Gillettes. As my technique has improved, the Gillettes seem to work best for me. Feathers are good too, but a little harsh on the first shave day.

Yes, Feather. It is sharp and fairly long-lasting. I like Swedish Gillettes as well, but they are expensive and hard to find.

Tim

Top Bottom