What's new

Applying Tabac EDC

I received my order from parfum1.com the other day. Tabac shaving soap in a jar, and a mongo bottle of Tabac EDC. My usual scents (T&H 1805, B&B, Blenheim Bouquet) are quite strong and all it takes is a couple of spritzes to the chest and I'm good to go for the entire day. 10 hours at least. I tried a splash of the Tabac on my hand and rubbed it onto my chest for the past couple of days and it is gone within a couple of hours. My question is how do you use it, where, and how much? I like the scent, but wish it would stay around a bit longer. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Get an atomizer and it should last much longer (unless Tabac doesn't suit your chemistry).

Most members here recommend high quality atomizers, but I just get the cheapie 49 cent ones from Target and they work fine for me.

Dave.

Hello murchmb,

I soak one of those cosmetic cotton squares with the Tabac and apply it liberally all over my chest and arms. Twice.

Lasts most of the day on me. You can get a bag of 500 squares I think at Walmart or Target for a pittance.

Tabac is like the German equivalent of American Old Spice.

Of course, do keep in mind, that different body chemistries will affect the longetivity of cologne.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

Coche_y_bondhu said:
Hello murchmb,

I soak one of those cosmetic cotton squares with the Tabac and apply it liberally all over my chest and arms. Twice.

Lasts most of the day on me. You can get a bag of 500 squares I think at Walmart or Target for a pittance.

Tabac is like the German equivalent of American Old Spice.

Of course, do keep in mind, that different body chemistries will affect the longetivity of cologne.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

I gave the cotton round method a try this morning. So far, so good. We'll see how long it lasts. I have to say I'm enjoying it and hope it has some longevity so I can continue wearing it.

Hello Murchmb,

The cotton squares work much better than cotton rounds (balls). The rounds absorb too much product.

I have heard that some gents do soak a cotton round or couple of squares, put them in a ziploc bag, and reapply discreetly during the day. A reapplication should always be much lighter than the original application. Even though you may not smell the fragrance anymore, others can. Your nose just gets desensitized to the scent.

Cheers,
Richard
Plain Old Texas

Coche_y_bondhu said:
Hello Murchmb,

The cotton squares work much better than cotton rounds (balls). The rounds absorb too much product.

I have heard that some gents do soak a cotton round or couple of squares, put them in a ziploc bag, and reapply discreetly during the day. A reapplication should always be much lighter than the original application. Even though you may not smell the fragrance anymore, others can. Your nose just gets desensitized to the scent.

Cheers,
Richard
Plain Old Texas

Thanks, Richard.

I took your advice (I used flat, round pads) and I'm still getting a good whiff of it after 13 hours or so. I just hope it wasn't too thick this morning! I imagine my wife would have commented, so I think I'm safe :smile:

Mike

Top Bottom