What's new

"STICKY" post for soaps -Need HELP? read this!

Great compendium! If you can't get a decent lather and shave from any soap, read each and every thread in Jim's links... you'll be a master of lather in no time!

Great job Jim, and thanks for the one-stop solution for soaps!!

Excellent, Jim! I know I didn't know just what to do with the hard soaps when I started out. These threads are great. :001_smile

Man,

This is the reason I'm glad I'm on this site! I had no idea what to do with my glycerine soap fiasco this morning...but, with Scotto's thread, I'll give it another shot tomorrow!:thumbup1:

This was awesome. I was getting to the point where I wondered if I'd ever be able to create good lather, and then I saw the tutorial.
Thanks!

Thank you for posting these very helpful tutorials. Iv'e been trying a number of things and was just about ready to move away from soaps, but there might be hope for me yet.

i tried to check this page out, but i get the following message..
global_dev, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You must have 50 posts, and have been a member for 45 days to post in either the Buy/Sell/Trade or Review Sections. If you meet these requirements and are still unable to post, try logging out and logging back in again.
2. If you've just registered your account, you might not have activated it. Check your email for the activation link. You must click this to activate your account and begin posting.
3. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
4. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I am guessing the issue is Reason #3, but i don't really know. Any help would be great.
Thanks

This is brilliant!
I wonder what would I have done if I hadn't gone through this post. I used the technique in this article for my first experience with soaps and whipped up an amazing lather with my Godrej Shaving Round, could have easily gone for 4 passes and more...

Thanks a lot Jim! :thumbup:

Great sticky!!

Quick question, I have a lot of soft soap samples that I have to break into pea size pieces, how do you guys face or bowl lather with these? I have quite a few samples that I do not use because I have difficulty dissolving the whole piece while bowl lathering and the lather is sub par.

Top Bottom