What's new

Found my holy grail! (I think)

:001_smileHello!!! Tonight as I was getting ready for bed, I decided to shave tonight because I have to get up really early for a medical appointment tomorrow. Don't worry, I am not sick. I am getting free laser eye surgery through the military! :biggrin: Anyways, I have been shaving with my blue tip SS for the last two weeks with derby blades, and it has been great. I was grabbing for my shave mug with almond valobra in it, and I saw my Futur sitting back there all alone. I also saw a lone Dorco blade sitting there that must have fallen out of a pack. Never used them before so I don't know how it got loose. So I set my Futur to 2.5ish, corked the Dorco, and lathered up. Needless to say, the blade was singing so loud from the hairs getting popped off my face it was like a shaving opera! I made 4 passes, one NS, one NE to SW, one NW to SE, and one more NS that caught some stragglers. I didn't go ATG, I seem to irritate my neck really bad right at the end of where my beard grows, where my skin folds if I look down. I only had one itty bitty patch of razor burn about the size of half a penny, and thats all! I finished up with a warm then cold water splash, pat dry, and some Nivea aftershave replenishing balm. I highly recommend this combination of blade/razor. Just thought I would share my shave euphoria with the rest of B&B. THanks!!!!

The Futur is a certified classic who's time has not yet come! It takes a bit of handling and a Feather can make it a bit too "eager", but with a more forgiving blade its the business. Its the only DE I know of which you use to shave "by ear". Only my stupid romanticism stops me from using it. I'm now a "Gillette-ophile" and addicted to 50 year old chrome. But in purely shaving terms, stick with it....

Dustin - that's a great feeling to find a combo that works that well! I love the Futur it was my first DE but I have not tried Dorco blades. Keep trying different combinations...good luck!

Yeah it was great, I am still really excited about it. I look at this site at work, and all my buddies think I am nuts. I think they bow down to the god of canned goop and fusions at night. But I guess it is a little hard to get away from the cartridge thing, if thats what they issue us in boot camp then it must be the best.

Sorry, but the holy grail is at Castle Anthrax ... :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2200nt-70Q&feature=related[/youtube]

Top Bottom