What's new

What's your favorite tasting cream/soap?

For my typical DE shave I end-up lathering my face 2 or 3 times. After all that brush work around my face some of the lather seems, inevitably, to get into my mouth (seeps in around the edges). Maybe its because I am a newbie, or just plain sloppy, or perhaps I should stop singing while applying lather :wink:, but this seems to happen quite a bit.

So, here's my $0.02: the lather made by creams seem stronger tasting than those made by soaps. I can't really tell any of the tastes apart, or correlate the taste with the brand. Perhaps those of you who are experts can tell the difference.

Cheers,

Uh, does Proraso count? Injesting it (through the nose or mouth, I've done both) is like swallowing an entire bag full of Halls.

hello danny,

well, that's what you get for insisting that you whip up your lather with a 32mm savile row silvertip behemoth <wink wink>.

thanks,
mike
(long live 18mm small brushes)

Got some Taylor Almond in my mouth today while doing a hot towel over lather prep. Much to my surprise, it tasted a bit like almonds....

Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil Cream isn't too bad tasting. Nor is the Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes Cream, but Proraso, not so hot.

I've gotten Proraso green tube in my mouth, and it's pretty gross. But as I found out a few days ago, one place you definitely don't want it is your eye (aaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!).

Shane

Tabac soap up your nose is nasty... It has strong chemical odor and feel, and it's irritant after some 10 minutes... What can I say, I tried to shave without removing it, and felt sorry for couple of hours after that...

nenad

Top Bottom