What's new

scottish members

interested to find out the numbers and whereabouts of scottish b&b members, my name is scott live in knightswood glasgow, avid glasgow rangers supporter and addicted to american barbershop aftershave, clubman, av various bay rum and boosters.
do any of you have any good scottish suppliers of shaving gear ?
:001_smile

I'm in the Borders - the best I've found so far on-the-ground in Scotland is The Perfect Shave in Princes Square - but it's not spectacular.

I was stationed there in the military in the late 80's/early 90's.

Dunoon, on the north east side of the Firth of Clyde is where the base was, but I lived in Gourock for most of my tour.

Two of my friends were Irish so I went to more Celtic matches then Rangers.

A uniquely beautiful country (Edinburgh tops my most beautiful cities list Post #6) with great people.

Killie fan living in Dalmellington (for now).
I agree that Princess Square in Glasgow is about it as far as top end shaving supplies go in the west coast anyway.

I'm on the southside, Merrylee, and haven't came across many shaving goldmines in the city. It does cater for my shaving addiction more than it does for my tea addiction.

Dunbar (of the battle fame) is a town in Haddingtonshire (now East Lothian).... do you mean of the Clan Dunbar?

Yes, Clan Dunbar. My Scot ancestor was Robert Dunbar from Moray, likely Forres or Elgin. My surname is Dunbar. I am familiar with the geography of Dunbar the town.

a wee hidden treasure, pop into tk max in silverburn shopping centre, pollock.
downstairs they:001_smile have some one off shaving soap and aftershave at great prices

Answer: The Scottish accent.

Question: What is the most attractive accent a lady can present to me?

Not the Irish brogue. The Scottish lady is my favorite.

I have the Irish bit, the wife has the Scottish bit. Our son gets them both.

The east coast accent on women can be very sexy, but I gotta say the northern and especially Glaswegian don't thrill me.
The worst English accent for a woman? - three way tie between Southie Boston, Philadelphia and Birmingham/West Midlands.

Worst accent?

I know a girl who was born in Glasgow, spent a good few years in Birmingham, moved to South Africa and then came back to Glasgow just to ensure it was all nicely balanced.

Lovely girl but bloody hell it is an horrific accent.

Worst accent?

I know a girl who was born in Glasgow, spent a good few years in Birmingham, moved to South Africa and then came back to Glasgow just to ensure it was all nicely balanced.

Lovely girl but bloody hell it is an horrific accent.

But the perfect solution for a husband, as he can honestly claim he doesn't understand a thing she says. :rolleyes:

I've never met anyone Scottish so I don't recognize the accent. I know a lot of Mc's but no Mac's. In NY, Ireland reigns supreme.

The east coast accent on women can be very sexy, but I gotta say the northern and especially Glaswegian don't thrill me.
The worst English accent for a woman? - three way tie between Southie Boston, Philadelphia and Birmingham/West Midlands.

Yeah, Southie Boston is pretty bad.

not to hijack but yes Southie. I do not care how hot she would look, that voice makes me cringe.

"...et's CRRRRAAAHPP!" :biggrin:
I enjoy purposely taking a contrary position to anything my Scottish friend says just to get him yelling so I can listen to him. Scottish people sound so cool, especially when they're ticked off. :rolleyes:

But the perfect solution for a husband, as he can honestly claim he doesn't understand a thing she says. :rolleyes:

(Un)fortunately very easy to understand, a little like knowing exactly what someone is saying when they are only communicating through a medium of nails and blackboards.

Top Bottom